Chapter 42- Not Ready

I probably should've just gone the easy way out and called Adrienne and told her I was sorry, but it didn't work that way. When my plane touched down in New York, I made a beeline for her place.

             I didn't even know why I didn't just keep things simple and all. Here I was, taking a two and a half hour flight back to Manhattan just to apologize to a girl who probably didn't even want to give me her time of day at this point. It was crazy but it was worth it. I wanted to let Adrienne know she was worth it.

        Plus, Antonio. He trusted me with her and all and I knew the last thing he wanted to do was let go of Adrienne. I felt like he did everything in vain now that Adrienne probably hated my guts. I just felt like the bad guy in all of this, but I was out to make things right.

        After I pulled up in front of her apartment, I was pretty sure I sat outside in my car for about an hour before deciding what I actually had to do

                                                                     *Adrienne's POV*

"Alright, Marylin. Sweet Dreams.", I said, kissing Marylin on her forehead before tucking her in.

"Are you alright?", she asked.

        I shook my head. "No, not today I'm not. Mommy's tired."

        She sighed. I could tell she was disappointed. She always picked up on my mood. She was a smart girl and acted older than her years sometimes. "It's okay. I understand. Goodnight."

"Goodnight, sweetie." I turned of her light and left the room only to go and feel sorry for myself on the couch.

        I almost laughed to myself. I was really pathetic. I couldn't keep a guy for the life of me. I heard a knock at the door and groaned. Who the hell wanted to talk to me at a quarter past eight?
 I looked through the peephole to check who it was, you could never be too sure even though it wasn't too late yet, crazies were all over Manhattan.

"Oh my god..", I muttered under my breath before opening the door. "Why are you even here?", I asked Royce impatiently.

"Well, gee, hello to you too, Adrienne."

"Why are you here?", I asked again, crossing my arms. "Can't even call me back but you have time to come back up here? For what?"

"Adrienne, I tried calling you more than once. Check your phone, why don't you?"

        So I did and went to my missed calls, I had a few, from an unsaved number...then I forgot that was probably him...

        He sighed. "You deleted my number didn't you?" I nodded. "Wow. I figured you'd be pissed but you already deleted me from your contacts, Adrienne?" He put his hand over his heart. "That hurts. But either way I called you back, more than once. Question is where were you?"

        Probably busy making out with Antonio, I thought to myself guiltily. "I had my reasons. This isn't about me anyway.", I said quickly.

        He shrugged. "Fine. Change the subject. You're mad, I understand. But if it's not inconvenient, could I at least come in?"

"Fine, whatever.", I said, stepping to the side.

"Thank you.', he said, coming inside. "Now, are you gonna tell me what's wrong?'

        I closed the door behind him. "Are you serious?", I asked.