Chapter 44- You're Full Of It

"You have got to be fucking kidding me.", I said out loud as I pulled up in front of the address that Royce had sent me.

        I sighed impatiently as I dialed Royce's number. Maybe he had just sent me the wrong address, because he couldn't be serious right now.

"Hello?", he finally answered. He was yelling over the music in the background and I finally gave up on the idea that it could've actually been a mistake.

"Are you gonna hurry up and come out? Because I'm not coming inside to get you inside a club, Royce." I made sure to emphasize the annoyance in my voice.

        He laughed. "What's wrong?"

        What I wanted to know was what the hell was wrong with him. "Just hurry up, okay?", I said quickly.

        Another laugh. "Whatever you say."

        I didn't know what was up with him. My foot shook nervously as I waited for him to leave. I hated being anywhere near clubs. Well, anywhere near dancing and alcohol where it was a party scene and not refined. And even when it was refined, I still didn't like it...remember Puerto Rico? They reminded me a lot of my days in high school which I did not want to relive. If I never got pregnant with Marylin, I probably would've been right in that club with him getting pass out drunk.

        I relaxed once I saw Royce's familiar figure exit the club and head to my car. I hadn't been this excited to see him in a while but I needed to get out of here. He knocked on my window and I rolled it down.

"Well?", he asked.

"Well, what?"

"You're not gonna let me in?"

        I rolled my eyes. "Why did you ask me to come over here?"

"Because I needed your help. Duh. You think it's safe to drive back to my hotel drunk?"

        Oh God. So he was drunk. That explained everything. Right down to how shitty he was acting at the moment. "So, why'd you call me of all people?", I asked him. If he needed my help, I was going to savor this moment.

        He shrugged. "First person who came to mind, I guess."

        I guess? I sighed and decided to let it go. I was just about to let him in when I heard a voice. 

"Hey, wait! You're leaving me?!"

"Ay dio.", Royce muttered under his breath and he looked behind him. He looked annoyed. Well, welcome to my world, Royce, I thought to myself.

"Babbbyyy.", some white girl came and basically threw herself on top of him. "You're leaving so soon?", she whined.

"Alyssa, don't worry...", he said, pretending to comfort her.

"Ericka.", she slurred, correcting him. Wow, I felt so disappointed in him.

"Right. Erickaaa.", he said, dragging her name out.

"Why are you leaving?", she whined. She turned her blonde hair around with her fingers. I couldn't just judge the girl off her looks but I didn't think she was the type to be trashy. She wasn't wearing overly provocative clothing and she looked well taken care of and all. She seemed like a girl who had her life ahead of her but got mixed up with the wrong crowd.

      He shrugged. "Because I want to...?"

     She bursts into tears. "But why? I thought you liked me. Maybe we had something."

I watched as Royce tried to console her but I finally couldn't just sit there anymore.

I sorta felt bad for the girl.  She reminded me of, well, me. "Listen, Alyssa, um he's sorta my boyfriend.", I interrupted. 

She looked at me. I guess she just bow realized I was there. Her face flushed a little. "Oh...oh, I'm sorry." She turned to Royce. "You're a jerk."

Royce on the other hand didn't seem phased.

"Do you have a ride home or...?", I asked.

She nodded. "Mhmm. Yeah. My friends are inside or something. I'll be okay. I'm reaaaly really sorry.", she said again. "Your boyfriend is an ass by the way.", she said before stumbling back inside the club. I hoped she got her life together at some point.

"Wonder what that was all about.", Royce said, getting in the car, like he didn't do anything wrong.

"Gee, I was wondering the same thing.", I said sarcastically.

"Coincidence..."

I tapped my fingers impatiently on the steering wheel. "Start talking, Royce."

"Hello, Adrienne. How was your day?"

I almost laughed at how stupid he was when he was drunk but I managed to keep a straight face. "Royce."

He sighed. "I don't know. She was drinking, I was drinking. Next thing you know, we were dancing."

"That's not it.", I pressed on. I knew how drunk she was but he had to of done something to mess things up too.

"She might've offered to do me a favor or something. I may or may or not have agreed."

Oh. My. God. "Please don't tell me you fucked some random girl in the middle of a club."

"No, of course not...she only gave me head. No one saw us anyway.", he said calmly, like that made everything better.

I sat there for a minute in silence trying ti figure out how he could be so stupid. I was hurt too, to be honest. I just broke up with him a little over twenty four hours ago and he had moved on that quick.

"Thanks for covering for me.", he said.

"Are you at the same hotel you stayed at last time?", I asked slowly, starting the car up.

"Are you mad?"

"No, I'm practically puking rainbows. Are you at the same hotel?", I asked again.

He obviously detected my sarcasm. "Yeah."

The rest of the car ride was silent.

"Ive been in her position before, Royce. Girls are sensitive. Especially when we're drunk.", I finally said.

"Did you hear the song?", he asked, changing the subject. "It was about you."

"Did you tell Ericka that?", I questioned. Wow, I was just oozing sarcasm tonight. That's how it was right now. I either had to be sarcastic or cry. I couldn't cry right now. I didn't want Royce thinking he could have me back so easy.

"Did you at least like it, Adrienne?"

"To be honest, I loved it. But to even more honest, I think you're full of it."

hmm :/

please vote and comment

and also I know that wattpad hasn't been giving notification lately so if you wanna know what's been updated, hmu on twitter

love y'all ❤❤❤