Chapter 13

*Two weeks later*

No One POV
During the two weeks time after Chaeyoung broke up (called off their engagement), he was really down and mostly spent his time doing his work at his company.

Meanwhile, Jeongyeon and Nayeon, after that drunk incident, both were avoiding each other and not even exchanged greetings. Jeongyeon was also stressed out when his mother came to his apartment to refill his refrigerator with full of side dishes.

And what's even worst, his mother kept on bothering Jeongyeon asking when will he get married. But of course, Jeongyeon told his mother that he didn't like the idea of getting married at all.

However, little did he know that something is going to happen..

(In the morning, at Nayeon's apartment)

Nayeon woke up not feeling very well. She forced herself to get up from the bed and took a shower.

After finished showering, she dressed up but she still didn't feel very well that time so she took out things that she bought from last night and she even searched online for the cause.

"Oh shit! you must be kidding me.. this can't be!" Nayeon said screaming and facepalmed after. Frustrated, she began to throw things inside her house as she got the result.

"I must meet him!" Nayeon screamed again.

(Meanwhile, at the same time, at the coffee shop)

"Should I meet him later? he's being avoiding me for two weeks already" Mina said to herself while she was busy preparing some waffles for the customers. She was thinking of Chaeyoung.

Yeah since Chaeyoung had broke up with his ex fiance, Momo, he was avoiding Mina. Even if they bumped into each other, Chaeyoung didn't talk to her at all nor greetings.

"Mina-ya?" Jeongyeon asked snapping his fingers in front of Mina, who was in her own world, almost forgetting the waffles.

"Ahh right.. waffles!" Mina responded and quickly she took out the waffles and spreaded some chocolate and butter.

"Please focus!" Jeongyeon said sternly and maintaining a serious face.

"Nae~~" Mina answered.

"I'll be at my office. Can you please check the stock and send the document to me later" Jeongyeon instructed and Mina nodded.

*Few hours later*

Jeongyeon was busy flipping his coffee shop's financial statement papers while sipping hot chocolate which then someone knocked his office door.

"Yes...come in.." Jeongyeon said.

"Hmm Jeongyeon-asi..Can we talk?" there was a voice from a lady who just knocked the door earlier.

Jeongyeon took off his eyeglasses and looked up at who is the owner of the voice. He was surprised to see it was Nayeon.

"Nayeon-ssi?" Jeongyeon stood up from his seat and gestured Nayeon to sit down on the sofa. Jeongyeon sat down on the sofa opposite of Nayeon.

To tell about them, they didn't talk since the last time they accidentally slept with each other so obviously they were still in an awkward situation.

"Umm would you like to drink some coffee?" Jeongyeon asked her softly trying not to be awkward.

"No thanks. I came here because I really need to tell you something" Nayeon replied, with her serious face.

"Yeah..? go ahead" Jeongyeon said biting his lips, worried when he looked at how serious Nayeon was at that time.

Suddenly, Nayeon took out something from her bag and put it on the table.

"This.." Nayeon said and Jeongyeon's face expression turned gloomy. It was a picture.

"I'm pregnant" Nayeon told him and he was really in disbelief.

"WHAT??" Jeongyeon looked at the picture and then Nayeon's face.

"I'm two weeks pregnant! I just came back from the clinic and as you can see from the ultrasound picture. That's our baby" Nayeon explained and pointing at the ultrasound picture.

Jeongyeon was speechless and he felt like he was already at the end of the world. It was a mistake but things couldn't be undone.

"I never thought you'd be the first to touch my virginity and made me pregnant" Nayeon said looking so sad and she was getting teary-eyed.

"So are you blaming me now?? when it was you who entered my house and drunk" Jeongyeon replied few seconds later.

Both could only let out a deep sigh.

"Instead of blaming each other..Marry me" Nayeon spoke her mind.

"Marry?!!" Jeongyeon raised his voice. The word 'marry' itself is the word that Jeongyeon didn't want to hear the most and now Nayeon said that to him.

"That's the best decision I could make! I know it was my fault for getting drunk that night but.. you were the one who did it..making me pregnant!" Nayeon tried to calm herself.

"It wasn't intentional!! you should know that!" Jeongyeon responded, frustrated.

"Then what? what do you want me to do? abortion? killing this baby?" Nayeon said looking at Jeongyeon.

"Yes" he replied, ruffling his hair frustrated.

— To be continued —

Vote & Comment 🙆🏻‍♀️