Love Letters

Your pov
A few weeks after Thomas's visit he wrote me letters, they were the type of letters that could make a cloudy day sunny in an instant. James often teased me about the whole ordeal. I didn't mind though, because I wrote back almost nightly. It was almost romantic in a way, though we weren't writing love letters.

***

"Y/N, you have a letter from your love Thomas." Teased James with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and took the letter, I sat outside in the yard reading it.

Dear Y/N,
I was wondering if you would like to dinner with me on Wednesday, or perhaps take a walk in the park. I wish for you to decide. If you are busy I completely understand. Or we don't have to do anything at all, we could stay at my house and play chess. As long as you are satisfied with what we do I will be happy.
                                                                         Yours truly
                                                                         Thomas Jefferson
I blushed while reading. I practically ran back inside to the table. I began to write my response.

Dear Thomas,
Thank you for your letter. I will gladly have dinner with you, I want to inform you that it does not have to be anywhere fancy. I am perfectly happy where ever we go. And a walk in the park after sounds absolutely perfect. I can't wait for Wednesday and I look forward to seeing you.
                                                                           Yours truly
                                                                            Y/N L/N
I put the letter in the mail pile and went to my room. I saw I didn't have any suitable dresses so I went to James study. "James, I am going to run into town for a dress." I said peeking around the door. I turned around and stood up, he gestured for me to come in. I nodded and took two steps into the room, he hand me some money and smiled. "James I cannot accep-" He cut me off. "If it's a dress to wear out to dinner or something, then yes. Jefferson already said he was gonna take you, please just go have fun and be safe." I smiled and hugged James, he pulled away after a brief moment and I went into town.