Teach me how to say goodbye

Your pov
The week finally came. The last week with my son, the last week together as a family. It pained me to see my only son step foot into the world. His suitcase was packed and his room was barren. Peggy and Hercules had come to visit before his departure.

A knock on the door was heard, I set down the book I was reading and answered it. I smiled when Peggy embraced me. "Y/N it's been awhile!" She squealed. Though I was confused, in her letters she had told me she gave birth to a son as well. "Peg, where's Jacob?" I ask. She smiles and gestures to Hercules, he moves out of the way to reveal a 10 year old boy in overalls. I let them in, calling for Thomas. As I made tea I talked with Hercules. "So, your son is off to college pretty soon?" "Yep, I'm a little sad though." I admit. " I understand, don't worry he'll be fine. He's a tough young man." I smiled. "Thanks Herc." He nodded. Suddenly Charles came running into the room. "Uncle Hercules!" He shouted hugging Herc. "Charlie my boy! Good to see you. Ready to meet your cousin?" "You bet!" I walk out with them into the living room, Peggy is sitting with Jacob as he reads a book. I serve tea and sit next to Thomas as the two boys chat. Eventually they run up to Charles's room. "So Thomas, how's being President?" Peggy asks curiously. I roll my eyes at her and continue to drink my tea. "Actually pretty stressful, I mean I am helping to run a country after all." I giggled as he pulled me closer. After we had talked for awhile I heard that familiar sound I had dreaded. The sound of a carriage, it was waiting for Charlie. We said our goodbyes and I of course teared up. Thomas held me close as our son, Charles James Jefferson, stepped out into the world.