The secrets out

Your pov Two weeks later
The snow has started to fall. As I am down town, I see Thomas walking into a store. I smile and rush to say hello, but then I realized what store it was. I look through the window, I felt tears fall down my face. I walk away before he sees me, I smile as I meet James back at the house.

Thomas pov
I strut out of the shop with the ring I had purchased. I held my head high ready for Saturday, I had planned everything I was going to say and what I was going to do. As I am lost in my nervous thoughts I bump into someone. "Oh pardon me sir." I say apologetically as I turning around. Hamilton faces me with a sour face. "Jefferson." He says quietly, he turns to leave before something catches his eye. He picks up the box that held the ring, I had dropped it when I bumped into him. He looks at the ring, then at me. He is in complete shock. "What? You gonna insult me? How about you insult her too while you're at it." I exclaimed. "Jefferson, I had no idea. I thought-" "What? That she was just another girl? Insulting me is one thing, but you do NOT under any circumstances insult the woman I love!" I shouted at him. The expression on his face was one of utter regret. "I'm sorry, I didn't know. I thought you were just looking for some excuse to hate me. I understand that we have different political views, but love is something I understand Thomas. So forgive me just this once?" He held out his free hand with a slight smile. I smiled back and shook it, he handed me the ring. "Don't expect anything to change Hamilton." I said with a smirk. "Wouldn't dream of it Jefferson." He said returning the smirk. I walked home to get ready for Saturday.