Chapter Thirty One

Masaru P.O.V.

"Its your brother's decision."

Uncle Soryu and I were at the carpark of the hospital. He is about to take me home when I quickly asked him a question about Daisuke saying that he doesnt want to see dad nor tell him.

"But....This is wrong. Dad cares about him." I said. "I know." He added. Wait.... so he knew?

"Then you should help me to convince him to .... to you know...."

Then Uncle Soryu looked up to me. "Okay." 

"Really?! Thank you so much Uncle Soryu!!" I suddenly jumped in to him and gave him a tight hug. "I should better take you home. Your father might be looking for you." He said then I let go of him then we left the hospital.

Eisuke P.O.V.

It was around 10:30 in the evening when I woke up. I grab my phone and went to the contacts. But instead of contacting Luke, I contacted Daisuke. I hope he answers, I said to myself. 

*Ring.....Ring*

"Hello this is Daisuke. Sorry I won't be able to answer your call right now. please leave a message. Then Ill call you back" 

"Daisuke. Its me. I just wanted to check on you. Well its been months since I haven't seen you. I hope that you might call me back. By the way how are you? Are you taking your medicines regularly? If you need anything help just contact me okay. I hope we can see each other soon. I've heard that you're not at home. So I was wondering where you are. Are you okay? I hope your safe and....... I know its kind of a bit weird that suddenly I contacted you. But I really wanna talk to you about something. I hope we could see each other at the park where you always hang out. I hope ill see you there maybe on friday? Or maybe you can set up the date. Just call me back. Ill be waiting for your response. Bye."

Masaru P.O.V.

Before I could enter dad's room I saw him talking to the phone but before I could turn around to leave. I suddenly heard Dad called Daisuke's name. Looks like Daisuke didn't answer his call and it leads to voicemail. I felt a tear pour down to my cheeks. I thought everything will be okay. But it turns out were running out of time. 

*Thud!!*

I suddenly hit a nearby table then I saw dad is staring at me. "Im sorry! I didn't mean t-...." "Its okay. I just left a message to your brother." He said. "If you wanted to say something just say it already." He said with frustration. "Do you wanna see Daisuke?" I asked. But he didn't reply. "I know where he is actually." I said. Then suddenly dad looks at me with wide eyes. "Why didn't you tell me sooner." He yelled. "I just knew." I answered back. "Then why didn't you woke me up?! We could have go there together?!" he said with irritation then suddenly slams the table near him. "Its just that dad. You need to take a rest. You've been working and working none stop." 

"I DONT CARE MASARU! WHATS IMPORTANT NOW IS YOUR BROTHER!"

"This is not the right time to see him dad!" I said. Dad looks up to me. "What do you mean?" He asked. I went to far. "Im sorry its just that..." "Why can't you tell me whats going on?!" 

"Becau-..."

"WHAT?!!!"

"DAISUKE IS IN THE HOSPITAL!" 

I quickly cover my mouth, Then I started to feel regret for what I just did. "Why is he there? I thought he was okay?" He asked with shock. "Tell me whats going on." He said but I just can't bring myself on telling him the truth. All I did was lay back to the wall and fall down on to my knees. Then I saw dad kneeled down right in front of me. I took a deep breath and sighed. Then I look into him. "See it for yourself. Ill take you there tomorrow." I said. Then I left the room. Leaving dad bewildered. 

~Meanwhile~

Next Day (8:30 in the evening)

Daisuke P.O.V.

"What shall I do? How can I face him?"

As I listen Eisuke's message. Tears started to flow down. I didn't even know what to do now. I started to regret everything. What should I tell him? I just can't bring myself on telling him. Ive been a coward for the whole time. "You know what to do Daisuke." I looked up to see everyone there. "Its going to be okay Daisuke." Uncle Ota held my hand tightly. "he'll understand. After all his your father." Uncle Baba added. "Don't worry kid. Were here for you." Uncle Mamoru pat my shoulders tightly. Then I looked up to Uncle Soryu. "Everything will be alright. Trust me." he said. I nodded and gave him slight smile. Then they all started to leave. 

Eisuke P.O.V.

As we reach the hospital. I followed Masaru. I can feel my heart is beating faster. I started to feel anxious. I don't know whats going on. But this is the moment of truth. 

"Were here." 

I saw everyone there. They all stood up when they saw me. "Were sorry if we didn't told you from the beginning." Baba said. "Why?" I asked. "Its your son's decision." Soryu stated. I looked up to him and I see calm in his eyes. "Is there something that you need to tell me?" "Daisuke will answer that question." Ota said. "Better get in there. Before the kid closes his eyes." Mamoru said. 

Closes his eyes? What does he mean by that?

"His waiting for you dad." 

Then I went inside the room alone. I felt heavy from the inside. I close the door carefully. Then I started to approach him. 

But suddenly.

I felt my heart broke into million pieces from what I just saw right in front of me. 

I was so shocked I can't even move. I just can't approach him. Then he looks at me. I try to turn around to avoid his gaze But I just couldn't. He slowly tries to reach my hand. But I was too afraid. 

But I build up my courage. Then I hold his hand tightly. Ive never thought this would happen. Seeing him all connected with tubes. I thought he was okay but I was wrong. 

I failed to be a father. 

To be continued......