CHAPTER TWO: At The Vintage Cafe

At The Vintage Cafe

"One large size of ice cappuccino, for take out please! Thanks!" said by a baritone voice in my front.

        I can feel the heat burst through my head. This man is always makes me feel irritated.

       "What?!" I shouted at him. "I thought you just left? Why are you still here?" I said while turning my head up to him. "You-" I was not able to complete what I suppose to say when I saw the man in my front. Ah no, I was not able to complete what I suppose to say because of the flash of his camera in front of me upon my head is turning up to him. My eyes widened. Yes! It was a stolen shot. He took a picture of me without my consent. God! I thought Derrick is the greatest hard-headed I ever known in this world, well now there are two of them. These two guys are really giving me a headache.

       "Why?" He said in a low tone. An image of an angelic face. If the teens have "The Boy-Next-Door type",  this one is " The Guy-Next-Shop type".

       "Oh, I'm sorry, Sir! I thought you were De-- well, forget it." I said. " Hmm... Your order is one large size of Ice Cappuccino, for takeout, is it correct?" I said to him in a sweet voice then I raise my right eyebrow, "Will you please delete that stolen shot you've just taken awhile ago, please?" I said in a very very low tone and a gently voice. Yeah! He is still our customer, my manners is still with me at the moment. My teeth are gritting while the heat burst through my cheeks up to my head. I feel so irritated.

        "Yes, that's correct. Though, I am not him, the one you suppose to say." He said and smiled.

         His perfect white teeth shows on his perfect smile. Well, he is so good-looking, with his fashion style, really looks good. His white round neck t-shirt looks good on him that matches with his black denim pants and a black converse shoes. And of course, his best friend, his camera is hanging on his neck. I think he can't leave without that camera hanging on his neck. That was his other half. He is fashionably good-looking guy. He looks like he just woke up. He run up his fingers through his messy hair which shows the perfect angle of his face. He is Benedict Foresto. The Guy-Next-Shop. He is a photographer. He own the photo studio next to my Cafe. Well, he is my regular customer. Always.

        "I'm sorry, Benedict. I just thought he came back. You know him, he is just so childish sometimes, same as you." I apologize to him yet I feel so irritated because of the stolen photo. He knows Derrick since they are batch mates in college. They are both thirty-two years old by now. And I'm five years younger than them.

        "No problem." He said and stayed leaning on the counter in my front.

        "So, please remove my picture on your camera" I said to him.

        "Why? Is there any problem on the stolen shot?" He teases me. Again. This guy!

        "YES! So, please remove that before I throw you outside this Cafe or I will flush you in the toilet any moment!!!" I shout at him. My eyes widened and I can feel my angry burst through my head.

        "Be calm! Haha!" He said. "It is just a photo, Hannah!"

       "BENEDICT!!!" I shouted his name. "How many times will I tell you that do not take any picture of me? You-! You and Derrick, the two of you should flush in the toilet! My God!" I lost my breath because of my shout to him.

      "Sssshhhh......" He said while his index finger is on his lips. "You already caught their attention." He said while pointing his finger to our customers.

      "Oh! My God! I'm really sorry, Sir/Ma'am. Please continue your eating. Don't mind me, don't mind us. Thank you!" I apologize to the customers.

         After a minute, Millie proceeded in the counter and gave his order.

        "Here's your order. Thank you and come again!" She said to him and smiled.

        "Thanks, as always!" He said and smiled.

         Then he look back to me.

       "I will go now. I still have a schedule for photoshoot today." He said.

      "Alright. Bye." I said to him. "But, please, delete that photo. I'm begging you, Benedict!"

      He just nodded and started to walk going to the door.

      This guy! God, forgive me but any moment, I will give him a punch on his forehead.

      Then, he stopped from walking. And he turned back to me.

     "On second thought, did you eat your lunch?" he said to me.

     "No. Not yet." I said to him.

      He stared on the clock on my table and pointed out the time. He smiled.

      The time is already passed of twelve o'clock noon. I forgot to eat for lunch.

      "Do you want to eat lunch with me?" He said. "The same as before? In a fast food restaurant." His eyes shows "please?" and he smiled.

       I sighed.

      I just can't resist his smile. This guy!

       "Alright. For awhile, I just need to change." I said to him.

       "Ok. I will wait you outside." He sad.

       I nodded then I said "Ok."

       He walked to the door.

       I removed my apron and get my purse. I combed my long black brown wavy hair through my fingers.

I'm ready to go.

      I walked to the door and saw him standing beside the window glass of the Vintage Cafe outside.

       I walked closely to him. He is a bit surprise when he saw me approaching him. I smiled at him. The sweetest smile that I can give to him. I saw his eyes were surprise in my moves. I moved close to him then both of my hands touches his both cheeks and smiled at him. He really looks surprise as my face moves close to his face and my hands are now on his neck. I moved closed to him until I was able to touch the handle of his camera on his neck and I removed it from his neck then I ran away from him. Silly guy! Haha!

       "What the-" He is in shock. I saw the shock on his eyes.

       I laughed at him. My laughter is too loud.

       "Hannah, give it back to me!" He said then he ran through me. "My God! Handle it with care! That is my life!" He shouted it to me.

       Yeah! He is so overacting on his camera.

       "Sorry! I will just remove my photo here." I said while running away from him. Then, I started looking for photos. I searched for the one he took awhile ago.

         "Here it is!" I said then I stopped from running. I look like a mess on that photo. I was about to delete it when I notice the other photos. I was a bit surprise when I saw my face on his camera. It is like this is my camera not his.

        "Got you!" He said. He's hugging me from the back. I was shock. Then, he get the camera from my hand and moved away from me.

         "You-" I said to him.

        "Sorry!" He said and shrugged.

        I rolled my eyes. "Fine! Let's go! I'm hungry!" I said then walked through his car that parked at the back of his studio.

        "Do you want if I will just cook at my house?" He said. His house is his studio. Yes! That was his life. His parents are migrated in abroad and he is the only one left here in the Philippines.

        "No, thanks! I rather choose to eat outside than on your house!" I said to him and continue in walking.

       "I know how to cook." He insisted.

       "Yeah, you know how to cook but you are not good at cooking. So, get lost!" I said and opened the front seat door upon reaching his car. "Let's go."

        I heard him sighed. Then, he get inside the car.