CHAPTER FIVE: At The Vintage Cafe

At The Vintage Cafe

The travel hours was took thirty minutes from our headquarter in South going to the Vintage Cafe in North. Funny, I just feel so excited to reach the Cafe. I don't know but there is this urge inside me that I should rushed to go to that place. Yeah! I just need to come to that Cafe since I already want to sip my favorite coffee. Yeah! I just want to. It's not that just I want to see her but- Ok fine! I just want to see her.

After the 'not-too-long' travel hours, finally we're here. We've finally arrived to our destination, at the Vintage Cafe. The area surrounds a nostalgic look. Where, somehow, it reminds you the passed days. Those days where you used to read a novel through pages of paper. Those days where you used snail mail to send letters. Those days that had been passed yet have been stayed on our memories, on our hearts.

I parked the car in the parking area in the corner side of the Vintage Cafe. The shop does not have many customers tonight, I can see it from here since their wall is glass that's why you can see images inside even when you're from outside.

We entered in the Cafe. There she is, standing in the counter. As I walk closely to her, I notice the every inches of her face. I notice on how her lips is moving every time she speaks. I notice on how the strands of her hair is swaying in the air. Even her hand gesture, how her hands move, my eyes followed it. Ha! She's really so amazing. Sometimes, I can stay here longer just to stare at her. I don't know but there is this "charisma thing" she had that makes me mesmerize on her. I don't know. I just really don't know on how to explain it. I just don't know.

"We're here. You may order anything you want." I said to them.

We walk directly in the counter. Then I saw her standing there, wearing a red apron on top of her white dress while her long black brown wavy hair is tied up like a bun. I was about to approach her when Kathleen held my arm.

"Ah... Derrick, would you mind if you will get my order? I'll find our table." Kathleen said to me.

"Yeah, sure. What do you want?" I said to her.

"One cup of coffee macchiato and a slice of yema cake. Thank you!" She said and gave me a sweet smile.

"Got it! You're welcome." I said to her.

She walk through a vacant chaise longue in the corner side of the cafe near the window. Perfect spot for the four of us.

I walk directly through the counter. I was standing next to Luke and he is standing next to Mia in the line for customers. They went on our table after receiving their orders.

I called Hannah and wave my hand. So, she will know that they went here with me. I might get a discount, since I'm a friend of the owner. Haha!

"Hannah!" I called her. I saw her face is slowly turning up and look into me. She gave me a bad look and turned back on her monitor.

"Hey! They're with me. The two who ordered first before me. Give me a discount!" I said to her.

"Good morning, Sir! May I take your order?" She said instead.

"Yes. One cup of coffee macchiato and a slice of yema cake." I said.

"Is that all?" She asked me and turned her look to me. "That was not your usual order."

"Well, that was for Kath." I said and pointed the lady sitting on the chaise longue near the window in the corner side. "She's Kathleen, our Assistant Brand Manager." I said.

I saw her eyebrow raised upon seeing her.

"I see. Is that all, Sir?" She suddenly became serious.

"And a cup of black coffee and a slice of dark chocolates. That was for me, the usual." I said to her and smiled. "And also, please don't forget my discount. I'm your regular customer here, forever customer." I said to her and gave her a wink.

"I know. All my regular customers have 20% discount. And we were so unlucky that you're one of them. For awhile." She said to me and ignored me.

After a minute, Millie came and gave my orders.

"Here it is, Sir! Thanks!" She said.

"Thanks, Millie!" I said to her.

"You're welcome, Sir!" Millie said and went back to its work.

I turned my look back to her. Then there she is, looking down on her monitor. Luckily, there is no more customer in line after me. I can talk to her right now.

"Ah.. Hannah?" I called her but she did not pay me attention. What is this time?

"Hannah?" I called her again. I heard her sighed and turned her look back to me.

"What?" She said to me. I can sense irritation on her tone.

"Well, ah... I.. would you like to join us?" I said to her. "Ah.. Since, there is no customers right now, maybe you will like to join us?" I don't know why I suddenly felt so scared to her. Haha! This woman!

"No." She said to me then she went back on her work.

"You sure?" I said.

She just nodded without looking at me.

"Alright." I just said and I started to walk to our table.

"Derrick!" Kathleen called me. She waved her hand.

I just nodded at her and smiled back. Then, I walk through our table while holding the trays of our orders. I saw Luke and Mia is now sitting on our table.

"Here's your order." I said and put down the tray over the table. Then I sat on the chair beside Kathleen since that was the only vacant seat.

"One cup of coffee macchiato and a slice of yema cake, is that right?" I said to Kathleen while serving her order in her front.

"Yes! Thanks a lot, Derrick!" She said.

"You're welcome." I just said.

We started in eating our food but I can't stop myself from looking at the counter, sometimes. She just looks so tired.