CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE: At The Hospital

At The Hospital

A week passed

         Just an instance, just a snap of a finger, just a quick moment, everything has gone. It was like, it has been washed out totally in a sudden moment. It was like of a stone that turns into an ash. A sudden moment, everything changed into something that never in my whole life would I've ever imagine that this would happen to me. Never in my whole life I've ever imagine that there is a possibility that this kind of terrifying event will happen to me. Yeah, just an instance. Just a snap of a finger. In a sudden moment.

         "So, you've finally decided." Doc Leonard said.

         We are now on his office in the hospital.

        I look at him seriously. "Yes, Doc." Then, I said back.

         He sigh.

         Then, he smiled. He showed his perfect white teeth.

         "Good. Good decision." Doc Leonard said.

         "Yeah. It came up on my mind that I need to have a break for awhile. I really need it." I said to him.

         "Yes. You really need it." He said while nodding.

          "Yeah, you're right." I said.

         "Alright, so what are your plans? How long will you stay?" He asked. "But, don't worry, you can stay there as long as you want."

         "I don't know. Maybe until my memory fades. Yeah, maybe." I said. "I need a place where somehow will help me to overcome the depression and frustration that I am having right now. My mind right now is bloated and I need to release it."

          "You really should do it." He said. "Go to a place where no one knew you. Perhaps, you may release all your inhibitions inside you, all your hurdles, the whole you."

           He sigh.

         "Don't worry. I will be here to assist you, to guide you. Just call me and I'll be there anytime, anywhere." He said and he smiled.

          "And think all the "not-so-good" things happening to you is just a bad dream. Think like it was just a nightmare. So, when you wake up, things will still be the same. There is always good things that is hanging around. So, chill! Yeah! There is always good things hanging around there! Just pause and wait for awhile. Good things will come. I assure you, good things will come. Soonest. Don't lose hope. Trust your fate to God! Just trust in Him!" He keeps on cheering me up.

          I sighed and I smiled a bit at him.

          "Thanks, Doc Leonard." I said.

          "Remove the formalities, please Hannnah!" He said then he gave me a sweet smile. "Please treat me as your....friend."

          "Alright, thanks Leonard." I just said.

         He just nod.

          "So, what now? Where are you going today? Do you have any plans to go with your guy friends? Or any plans?" He asked.

          "Ahm no. I don't have any plans to go out today. Besides, I'm sure that Derrick and Benedict are busy on their work. So, I'm alone today." I said to him.

          "I see. Do you want to eat outside or any?" He said again. He's smiling shyly.

          I smiled a bit to him. I think he's into something.

         "No, thanks. I prefer to go and see the kids." I said to him.

          Then, I stand up.

         "Oh! Before I forgot! Can you please keep this as a secret?" I said.

         "Why?" He asked.

    "I just don't want anyone to know about it. Please?" I said.

    "Yeah, sure." He said.

    I smiled at him in exchange.

    "Bye, Leonard. I'll go now." I said.

    "You sure, you don't want to go out?" He still asked it.

     He's into something.

     "No, thank you." I said.

     "Even in the cafeteria?" He insisted.

     I smiled at him.

     He is really into something.

     "No, thank you!" I said.

      "Alright. But, if ever your mind will change, don't hesitate to call me." He said still.

      I laughed a bit.

      "I'm fine. My mind won't change, Leonard. Bye! Thanks!" I just said instead.

      Then, I walk to the door.

      "But, just in case-" he didn't able to continue what he suppose to say when I just wave my back hand to him and opened the door. Then, I leave.

      Breathe in.
      Breathe out.

     "So, here it is" I said then I sighed.

     I started to walk.

     This is it. This is the new chapter of my life. Well, I'm still in good condition. I can still manage to walk and talk. I can still move. I can still speak. I can still remember everything about me. Even, the Vintage Cafe, my condo unit. Everything, every details of my life, I can still remember it too clearly. Yeah, it is still clear on my mind. I still knew it.

  "Whew!" I said aloud and continue my walk like I am the only one that walking on the pathways, like no one's around me. Yeah, only me. The independent me.

   Funny! But, I feel relaxed at the moment. Yeah, this day is the start of my new life. Yes, new life. Though, I don't have any idea on what might happen tomorrow, still, I'm looking forward for a happy life. I'm still hoping for a life. Yeah, I'm still hoping for a normal life. I'm still hoping for it. I'm hoping. I will hope and will always will. Always.

       And, this is life. This is my life. That is life. Yeah, that is life. Just go with the flow, maybe somehow, maybe someday, yeah maybe, it'll be change into something that I've really wanted from the first place. Yeah, from the start. From the start, from the time I was born. Yes, from the time I started to breathe. Yes, I want my life to change into that. Heaven knows it.