CHAPTER FOUR: At The Office

At The Office

I ran rushed through the conference room upon reaching our building.

Time check, ten minutes before the meeting will start at two o'clock in the afternoon.

I ran, walk, ran, walk, just to make sure that I will be able to arrive on time. Well, it is all my fault. If I did not stay longer at the Vintage Cafe, I will not rushed like what I am doing right now.

I sighed.

Actually, if it is not because of the schedule meeting today, I still want to stay at the Cafe. I still want to stay with Hannah, if I have a choice. Unfortunately, I don't have. I cannot postpone the meeting since I was not the one that holds the meeting today and besides it is important.

I am working as a Brand Manager in a famous clothing brand. Its headquarter is located in South. So, since I just came from Vintage Cafe that is located in North, it took thirty minutes to go in South. I am lucky that I have my own car, I don't need to commute. But, if I don't have? Good luck to myself! God knows how long the traffic is.

I almost slipped when finally I came to the conference room. I saw those Senior Managers are already on the room. I hope, I am not late.

I hold the doorknob and slowly open it.

"Hi! Good Afternoon!" I said to them.

"Oh, good, you're here. Please proceed." said by one of the Senior Manager in my front.

You know why is it important? Why the day today is important to me? This is a presentation on my part. This is a presentation for the team. Today is the judgment day.

I put down my laptop on the table and attached the wire that is connected to the projector, for visual presentation.

"Alright. Let's start. So, since this is now a millennium generation, their generation, we should provide what most millennials wanted. This is the idea of my team for our new fashion for millennials." I said and present to them the new batch of designed-clothes that will touch the millennial's heart. "So, these are what I think, the idea of the team think that is trendy for today's generation."

As a Brand Manager, I should be in trendy. What I mean is, I should know the market trends and how should we improve our product sales and market share. And the demand and supply of it. This is what I passionate about. And this is my work.

"That was excellent, Derrick! Good job!" Said by the Senior Managers. "Give the plan to the production department so they can start to produce our new product. Thanks!" He said and gave me a gently tap on my shoulder.

"Thank you, Sir!" I said to him.

He just nodding then he leave the room same as the others.

I can now breathe well. Thank you, Lord! I was able to present it well. Thanks to the team! Yeah! I need to treat them. They deserve it.

I walk back through our department, the creative department. Then, I saw them sitting on their respective chairs.

"Hi, team! Good news! We made it!" I announced it to them. "Good Job! All our hard works has been paid of! All your hard works is a success! Thank you, team! Thank you!"

"Yes! Thanks, God!" said by Luke, the Creative Analyst.

"Yes!" Said by Mia, the Brand Designer

"That's good news, Derrick!" Said by Kathleen, the Assistant Brand Manager.

"Yes, that is. So, we will have a team date later after shift." I said.

"Wow!" Mia and Luke said.

"And, it's a treat!" I said to them.

"That is great!" said by Kathleen. "Ah... May I know where it is?"

"At the Vintage Cafe in North." I said to them while I'm looking on my laptop.

"I see." Kathleen said. "That was the one that owned by your friend, right?"

"Yes." I nodded.

"Ok." Said by Kathleen. "Ah...Derrick, what do we need to do for this?" She said.

"What is it?" I said and turned my look to her.

"Here." She said while showing her laptop to me. She is sitting beside me.

She discussed it to me on what do we need to do for the new product. I look at her and my eyes stops on her face. She has an angelic face. Well, she is tall fair and beautiful. A sophisticated one. She looks like a model, actually. Her built, her height, her poise, a perfect model. And she is also intelligent. What more can you ask for? A typical lady that will loved by men.

"Ah, why did you choose to go in that Cafe?" She said.

"Nothing. I just want to eat there. That was the perfect place to be relax, even for awhile." I said to her and I turned my look at her.

As I look into her eyes while she's talking, I notice her black eyes, pure black. As I look it closely, her black contact lens on her eyes, suddenly changed into brown eyes that has a long curly lashes on it that covered by an eyeglasses owned by a familiar face is suddenly appeared in my front. I close my eyes and opened it. Kathleen is in my front. I thought it was her. I thought it was Hannah.

Ha! I remember that woman. She is the toughest woman that I have ever known. She can still manage to smile despite of those hard times that she had experienced, and I knew it. I was there. I saw on how she mourned for her parents. I saw her. I saw on how her happy attitude suddenly changed into a blank expression. Her smiles changed into tears. Now, her smiles, her laughs, I don't see those on her eyes. At the back of those smiles and laughs is a mourning soul that couldn't escape from its miseries. I know that she always hide her tears, her sadness. But, I know, soonest, she will be alright, soonest. I will always here for her. No matter what happens, I will always here.

"I see. I thought you just want to see her, ah... forget it. I just thought- ah... Nothing." She said and her eyes look back on her laptop.

"Alright. Let's continue the discussion." I said to her and we continue in discussing the details for the new approved product.

Time check, six o'clock in the evening. End of shift.

"Team, prepare for leaving and we will leave in a minute." I said to them.

"Ok, Sir!" They said.

I stand up and prepared my things for leaving.

"Ready, guys?" I asked them.

"Yes, we're ready!" Said by Luke and Mia.

"I'm ready. Let's go!" Said by Kathleen.

"Good. Let's go!" I said to them and walk first through the parking lot.