CHAPTER EIGHT: At The Vintage Cafe

At The Vintage Cafe

I rushed to go to Vintage Cafe.
Time check, 10:45 in the morning.

I almost run to get there. The Cafe is already open. Thanks to Millie and Mike. But, I know they can't handle it by themselves because of too many customers. I saw it from the outside that the line for customers in the counter is too long. Maybe, Millie is on the counter right now. Mike is the one who make the orders while Millie was assigned to prepare it before serving it. Since, I was not able to come early, Millie must be on the counter. It is all his fault. If he did not disturb me, it will not- Arg! I can't make anything now.

I opened the door.

I saw Millie is serving the orders for the customers.

Who's in the counter?

No more questions.

Maybe the customers are only waiting at the counter. Yes! Maybe. I walked directly in the kitchen. And there, I saw Mike.

"Good Morning, Mike!" I said to him. Then I put the apron on me and tied up my hair.

"Good Morning, Miss Hannah!" He said.

"Sorry, I was not able to come early. Who's in the counter? I saw Millie in the serving area. Does the customers are waiting in the counter? Why did you let them to wait for almost.... half a hour?" I said to him while looking at my wristwatch. Then, I walked going through the counter.

He followed me through the counter.

"Ah.. No, Miss Hannah. They are not waiting. That was Sir-" He was not able to say what he suppose to say when I stopped from walking.

He's on the counter. He is wearing a white polo long sleeve and a black slacks. He wears an apron. Obviously, since I can see that it was tied at his back. He was too slow on typing in the orders in the cash register on his front. Beside him, is the manual. That was the manual where all the procedures listed on how to manage the counter area. He looks good. I don't know what do I need to feel at the moment but I can't stop myself from smiling. Haha! Alright. His sin for disturbing my sleep earlier in dawn is already paid.

"Why are you here?" I asked him from the back. I was standing at his back. "You still have work today, right?"

He turned back to me. And I held my breath just by looking on his face. His curly hair is swaying in the air cause by the centralized air conditioner and ceiling fans. Why is he so good-looking even if he wears an apron on top of his business suit?

"Hi! Good morning. I just want to help since I'm the reason why you wake up late today. I'm the cause of your sleepy eyes, sweetie." He said and gave me a wink. My mouth opened same as how my eyes widened because of the laugh of the customers in my front and Mike and Millie. I saw the customers are whispering to each other. I can even hear them.

"You're husband is so sweet. He wake up early just to help you, dear." said by the older woman that he currently assisted.

"He is not my husband!" I unintentionally shouted to her. I forgot that she was an old lady.

"Oh.. Don't shout at me, my dear. I'm sorry if I've mistaken your boyfriend as your husband. I thought, you two are married." she said again.

I can feel the heat burst through my cheeks. My God!

"I'm sorry, Ma'am but he is also not my boyfriend!" I shouted back again to her.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Is he your partner? Live in partner?" she asked again. I can hear the laugh of the other customers. Then, I saw Millie is laughing from the side and Mike is laughing at my side.

"Oh! My God! He is not my partner. We don't have any relationship more than friendship." I shouted. I don't know but I feel so irritated.

"Oh, I'm sorry! Please don't shout at me, dear." She said but she's smiling. "But, you two, really look good together.

"Arg! I said-" I shout it back while stomping my feet on the floor. I look like a child right now, in front of them, in front of him. I saw him smiling at me. His smile turns to laugh.

"Haha! Relax, Hannah!" He said then faced back to the old woman in his front. "I'm sorry, Madame but we're not together, that was what she wanted to say." He said.

"I see. I'm so sorry. I just thought-Oh! Never mind, forget it. Can I get my order now?" She said instead while still smiling at us.

"Yes, of course, Ma'am!" He said then he lead her to Millie before he turned back to me.

"Here's your order, Ma'am. Thank you and come again!" Millie said.

"Thank you so much! Of course, I will come back here. And I hope when the time comes and I came back here, I hope, you two, had been awaken and stopped from suppressing your feelings with each other. You, two, are perfect partner to each other." She said while smiling to us then she left.

He look at me.
His look is like he is teasing me.
Yes!
There is a tease on his look.

I raised my right eyebrow in his front.

"Get out!" I said to him.

He laughed at me.

"You're blushing, Hannah Marie Lopez." He said instead.

Arg-! You know what I'm feeling right now? I felt that my whole face turns into red. My God! But, I like the feeling. I like it. I love it. I'm having a hard time in suppressing my smile. My God!

"Shut up! Get out!" I shouted to him instead.

He laughed at me while untying his apron on his back.

"You are really a childish sometimes, Hannah!" He said.

I ignored him. "Shut up!" I said instead.

"Are you affected with what the older woman said awhile ago?" He said. My God!

"Why don't you just leave me alone? Get out! Get out on my Cafe! Go to your work! Go! Go! Go!" I said to him while pulling him out from the counter.

"Fine. Fine. Fine. You don't even thank me for helping you at your Cafe. Can't you see, I'm late for work now?" He said.

"Is that my fault? Who said that you'll come here to help? Ha? Ha? Ha? Who said? Get out now before I'll kick you out from my Cafe!" I said to him. Get out! My God! Please go! Go! Go! Go! I don't want what I'm feeling right now.

"Ok, fine. Bye! See you tonight!" He said then I was shock when he stole me a kiss on my cheek.

"Get lost!" I shouted to him. "That insect! Pest! Arg-!" I'm really blushing at the moment. My God!

I get a tissue paper and wipe my cheek. That bastard!

I heard Mike and Millie are laughing.

"You two, stop that! Back to work!" I said to them.

That guy! He ruining my day! Grrr! But, my smile is keeps on showing on my lips. I can't suppress it. Grrr!