CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN: At The Vintage Cafe

At The Vintage Cafe

"Thank you!" I said upon our arrival on the Vintage Cafe.

          "You're welcome. Are you sure you don't want to go in your unit first?" Benedict asked.

          "No. I'm fine. Besides, They still need me in the Cafe. Thank you, Benedict." I said.

          "Okay." He said. Then he turned his look at me.

          "Are you okay, Hannah?" Benedict said.

           "Yes, I'm okay." I just said and started to walk to the Cafe.

           "You sure?" He asked again.

           I stopped from walking and turned my look at him. Then I smiled.

           "Yes. I'm okay. There's nothing to worry about." I said to him.

           "Okay." He just said and went back to his car. He still needs to park his car on his studio, the next shop.

           "BTW, I will come to your studio later, on lunch." I said to him.

          He grinned at me.

          "What was that? A date? Is that a date?" He said then he laughed. "Haha! You're asking me for a date, right?"

         I rolled my eyes and ignored him.

         "Shut up!" I just said to him.

         "Haha! Don't worry, Hannah, I'm easy to get. Haha!" He teased me.

         I looked at him seriously then I smirked.

         "Shut up! Go now!" I said then I turned my look back to the Cafe and walked going to it.

         "Hannah, that was just a joke! Haha! I'm just kidding. Don't take it seriously. Don't be mad at me!" He shout it out.

         I just waved my back hand at him.

         "Okay, I'll just wait you later. Bye!" He said then he turned on the engine of his car then I heard he left.

           I turned my back and saw him moving to the next shop. I just shrugged.

            "Good morning!" I said upon entering the Cafe. Then, I noticed that we don't have customers today. Empty chairs. Mike and Millie are sitting on a vacant chairs while drinking of coffee in cups.

            "Good morning, Miss Hannah!" Millie said.

            "Good morning, Miss Hannah!" Mike said.

            "No customers yet?" I asked then I walked through the kitchen and unwear my hat and placed it under the drawer. I unwear my jacket since it is wet a little then placed it also under the drawer. Then, I picked up the apron and wear it. Then, I walked to the location of the switch of the air-conditioner to turn it off. It is too cold because of the bad weather.

           "Yes, Ma'am." Millie said.

           "There is no customer from the time we opened the Cafe. It maybe because of the bad weather." Mike said then he turned his look outside.

           The wind keeps on blowing as how the rain keeps on pouring.

           "Yeah, maybe. It's okay. We can have time to rest for awhile." I said.

           "Okay, Miss Hannah but we don't have sales for today." Millie said.

           "Its okay, we can get it back some other day maybe. Besides, it is because of the bad weather. We can't force them to come here." I said to them.

          They just nod at me.

          Hours passed and all I can see outside is blurriness because of the heavy rainfall. I see, we still don't have customers. No sales for today. I look at the wall clock, the time is already 12 o'clock noon. I turned my look to Mike and Millie, they fell asleep on the table. I started in cleaning the cash register. Though, there's no need to clean anything since we didn't use it. I went near the glass wall and pulled down the blinds. Time to close the Cafe, the typhoon is gettng stronger.

          Mike and Millie woke up.

          "I'm sorry, Miss Hannah! We fell asleep." They both said and they stand up to help me.

          "It's okay. We already need to close. The typhoon gets stronger and I think no customers will come here at this kind of bad weather. And besides, I don't want us to be stranded here." I said to them.

          "Okay, Ma'am." They both said.

          "You can go now, both of you." I said to them.

          "Okay, Miss Hannah. Goodbye!" Millie said.

          "Goodbye, Ma'am Hannah!" Mike said.

          "Alright. Bye! Take care, you two!" I said to them.

         They just nod at me then they left the Cafe.

          "Okay. It is my turn to leave now." I said while tying up my hair.

          I get the umbrella placed under the cash register then I turned off the switch of the lights. I walked to the door and changed the signboard from "Open" to "Close".

      As I open the door, cold wind embraced me with some drizzle of the rain. I closed the door then locked it. Then, I opened the umbrella. I walked slowly going to the next shop. The strands of my hair moved out from its tied and the wind just swayed it along with it.

         Blurriness is all I can see because of the heavy rains and strong winds. Blurriness, same as how my memory will do soon. Some other day maybe, the blurriness will continue to invade my memory. Yes, soonest my memory will fade. Soonest, I will forget maybe, all of these. Soonest. I stopped from walking. Few steps from the Photo Studio, I turned my head up and look in the sky. There, all I can see is a dim sky brought by the bad weather. No clouds, no birds. At this noon time, there is no sun. It looks like dawn instead of noon. I continue my walk.

       Life is a gift. Yes, it is. So, always expect a surprise. A surprise that will either make you feel surprise or will make you feel terrified. But, the thing is, just live in the present. Live the way you want to be. Yes, just live. Live. Just live. Live in the present. Live for the future. That's how life works. That's how it works. And I just want to live.