CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE: At The Hospital

At The Hospital

"He knew it. I know." Derrick said while walking, well, almost running on the hallway of the hospital.

     While, on the other side of the hallway there is Benedict who is also running to reach the Doctor's office. The two are almost running to see Doc Leonard.

      "Drink this antibiotic capsule, three times a day for seven days. This is for the infection, to avoid the infection. Then, one tablet of anti-allergy per day for seven days. This is to avoid the itchiness. Then, drink a sachet of this protein and zinc powdered juice every noon for seven days to remove the marks left from your scratches." He explained. "If your allergy gets worst and if it is still too itchy, please come back here so that I can give you advise for proper medication."

      The patient just nodding at him.

      "So, just a proper rest and you'll get well soon. Just make sure to drink all your medicines." said by Doc Leonard to his patient.

      "Thank you, Doc." said by the patient.

      "You're very much welcome." he said back.

      The patient stand up and was about to go to the door when suddenly there are two persons barged in  inside of the office of Doc Leonard.

      "Hey you!" shouted by Benedict.

      "Doc Leonard Delo!" Derrick called his name aloud.

      Derrick look at to Benedict. Benedict look at to Derrick. They both looks a bit surprise upon seeing each other on the same room. Their eyes widened.

      "Why are you here?" Derrick asked to Benedict.

      "Why are you here?" Benedict asked to Derrick.

      They both said to each other.

      "Wait!" Doc Leonard said then he turned his face to his patient. "I'm so sorry. Please just come back anytime if you still not okay. Okay? Thanks!"

      The patient looks so scared because of these two.

      "Alright, Doc. Thank you, Doc!" The patient said and left us.

      Doc Leonard sighed and sat back on his chair.

      "So, what are you doing here? The two of you?" he said to them.

      They are both talking at the same time.

      Doc Leonard raise his right palm. "Okay! Okay! Stop!" he said aloud.

      They stop from talking.

      Doc Leonard smiled a bit to both of them.

      "Alright. So, can you please speak one by one?" He said in a low tone.

      They both nodded.

      Then, they started talk, both at the same time, again.

      Doc Leonard tap hard his hand on his table.

      "Shut up, you two! Please!" he shouted.

      They stopped.

      "Sorry." Benedict said.

      "Sorry." Derrick said.

      He sighed.

      "Okay. So, what's the problem?" He said.

      Derrick and Benedict look at each other.

      "You can speak first." Derrick said to Benedict.

      "No, you can speak first." Benedict said to Derrick.

      "No it's okay. Speak first." Derrick said back.

      "It's okay. Tell it now." Benedict said back.

       Doc Leonard breathe hard.

       "What is it?" he said aloud.

       "Where is Hannah?" Derrick and Benedict both asked the same question.

       "Where is she and how is she?" Benedict said.

       "Yeah, where is she? Do you know where is she right now? Do you have any idea?" Derrick said then he sighed. "Its been over a month and I can't still see her. She's not on her home. So, are you aware of it?" Derrick asked consecutively.

       "Yes. Derrick's right. From the time she closed the Vintage Cafe, I don't already see her. I don't have any news on her." Benedict said.

       "So, where is she?" Derrick said.

       Doc Leonard sighed.

       "I was not suppose to tell it to you, to the two of you. She requested it to me. She want to be alone for awhile. Maybe, until she gets well." He explained.

       Benedict sat on the chair in the left side of Doc Leonard. "So, you won't say it to us?"

       "Well, that's what she said." Doc Leonard said.

      Derrick sat on the chair on his right side.

       "I need to know it, Doc. Hannah is living alone. Her parents already passed away. And, I am on her side from the start. She knew me." Derrick said.

       Benedict coughed a little.

       "Well, she also knew me. Haven't you forget Frederricko Estevez? We're school buddies." Benedict said.

       Derrick just sighed.

       "I know Benedict. You don't need to remind me on that." Derrick said.

      "Is that because you finally have her, you will easily forget our friendship? Huh?" Benedict teased.

      Derrick's forehead creased.

      "What? What do you mean 'I finally have her?" Derrick asked.

      "She rejected me. That's simple." Benedict said.

      "I'm sorry but she did not accept me also." Derrick said.

      "And, I assume it maybe because of her condition." Doc Leonard suddenly speak in between of their conversation.

      "Yeah, maybe." Benedict.

      Derrick just sighed.

     "So, what now? Can you tell to us where is she?" Benedict said.

      Doc Leonard look at Benedict then turned his look to Derrick. Then, he sighed.

      He sat properly on his chair and leaned on the backrest of it. Then, he wrote on a blank white paper.

      "Well, I don't have a choice." Doc Leonard said.

      He look at them one more time and give the piece of paper to them.

      Derrick get it. Then, Benedict get it from Derrick's hand.

       "What the-" He was suppose to get it back but Benedict stopped him.

       "It's okay Derrick. We will go there together, that is, if you want to go there." Benedict said.

       "Do I have a choice?" Derrick said.

       Benedict just laugh.

       Doc Leonard cough a little then he said "So, what's the plan?"

       Derrick and Benedict look at each other. Then, they turned their look back to Doc Leonard.