CHAPTER TEN: At The Vintage Cafe

At The Vintage Cafe

"Here's your order, Ma'am! One box of chocolate brownies! Thank you so much and come again!" said by Millie to our last customer for the day.

          "Thanks!" The customer said back.

          Time check, nine o'clock in the evening. Time for closing.

He is still not here. He said he will drop by tonight. Maybe he have too many works today. I will still wait a little. Maybe, he will show up.

            "Miss Hannah, it is already 9:05 in the evening. Are we going to start in closing the shop?" Millie said.

            "Millie's right, Miss Hannah. Our closing time is 9:00 in the evening and we are late for five minutes." Mike said.

            "I know. I'm sorry for keeps on waiting. You may start to close the store." I said to them.

             From 8:30 in the morning to 9:00 in the evening, twelve hours and a half of hour passed by but he didn't showed up. From the whole time, I was just standing in the counter and looking for him, waiting for him if he will come. But, there is no marks of him. Alright. Let him be. He is maybe busy. Yes! Maybe. And besides, who said to wait for him? Who is he? Who is he? I am okay even without him.

            I pushed the off button of the cash register then I picked up my bag on the counter. The blinds had been pulled down. No more messy things here. We did not left anything. We are ready to go.

         "Goodbye, Miss Hannah!" said by Mike and Millie.

          "Alright. Goodbye! Thanks and take care, you two!" I said to them.

          They only nodded at me and smiled then they leave.

I walked through the door.
I changed the signboard from 'Open' to 'Close' then I locked the door.

            The shop is already closed. The door is already locked. Blinds had been pulled down. All I need to do now is to walk through my condo. Yes! I need to rest. I need to go now. Okay. But my feet did not move, even a little.  But, I did not move from the place where I was standing. I don't know but I'm still hoping that he will drop by, any moment. Alright. I will wait  for awhile. Maybe, he is on his way now. Maybe, he was stuck on traffic. Or maybe, he had an overtime work. Maybe, yeah maybe! I leaned my back on the wall. I am looking on the floor while stomping my left foot on it. Why you didn't come, Derrick?

           I did wait. Seconds and minutes passed. Time check, ten o'clock in the evening. He is still not here. Okay. He will not come. I sighed.

            Breathe in.

            Breathe out.

            Alright. Maybe, he forgot to drop by. That is okay. There is no special occasion today for him to push himself to come here. Yeah! That is okay. I am okay. It is alright. It really happened, sometimes. That was really okay. I am fine. I do fine. There is no hold on me. That was okay. Really. Though, it is his first time that he did not drop on the cafe. He usually dropped here after his work. And I used to it.

            Ha! That is okay. I sighed again and started to walk through my condo. I am walking when my phone rings. It was Derrick. I did not answer it. I only stared on my phone instead. He keeps on calling me. Then, he sent me several messages. I opened the first message that he sent.

           "I'm sorry, Hannah. I can't drop by at the cafe tonight. I'm with Kathleen. She-"

            That was the first sentence that showed on my phone screen upon opening the message. I chose not to read the remaining message. It is enough that I know now that he's with that woman. That is okay. Yeah! That is okay. He's with her. That is okay. That is alright. That is. I'm fine. I really do fine. I do. I really do.