CHAPTER NINETEEN: At The Vintage Cafe

At The Vintage Cafe

Time check, nine o'clock in the evening. Time to close the Vintage Cafe. There he is, walking with her. While here I am, standing alone in the counter. I sighed. I look at the glass wall of the Cafe. I can still see Derrick and Kathleen walking through the parking lot that is not too far from the Vintage Cafe. I just raised my right eyebrow and glared at them. Let them be. Let them.

"Mike! Millie! Time for closing!" I said to them.

I can feel the heat burst through my head. Yeah! I feel so irritated right now.

"MIKE!!!" I shout it out loud. It's because of him. If he just came out earlier, Derrick will not be the one who helped her-Arg! Never mind. Stop this nonsense things. I look like a kid.

"Yes, Miss Hannah?" He said while scratching his nape.

I ignored him.

"Clean the cafe and close it after. Millie lock the Cafe. Make sure that all things are okay before leaving the Cafe, okay? Did you understand me?" I said it out loud to them.

"Yes, Ma'am." They both said.

"Okay, then give it to Derrick once he come here again." I said and threw the paper bag where I put his jacket and his mittens inside.

They just nod at me. They did that both at the same time.

I shrugged and walked through the Cafe. I sighed. I just want to go home now. My head is aching at the moment. Yeah! My head. Only my head. As I stepped outside the Cafe, there, I saw Derrick and Kathleen, still talking to each other. They are standing in front of the car of Kathleen. I sighed! My right eyebrow raised. I see. Fine! Get lost, you two. I ignored them even if they don't see me and I started to walk going through my condo. I don't care. Who cares? I really don't care. If they want to talk, then talk to each other as if no one's around you. Then talk! Then talk as long as they want! I don't care! My God! I marched in walking through my condo. I'm walking faster so I can reach earlier in my condo.

"Hannah, wait!" Derrick called me.

I turned my look back and I saw him running through me while holding the paper bag. He was few meters away from me. I raised my right eyebrow and continue my walk. I get my earphone on my pocket then put it on both of my ears. I don't want to hear him. The hell I care to him. I set the volume of my phone to the highest level so that I cannot hear anything. I don't care if my eardrums might hurt because of its loudness, the thing is, I don't want to hear him. I just don't want. I continue my walk even if my heart and my whole body wants to stop. My mind don't want to stop so I continue my walk. I continue my walk when someone held my left arm then dragged me into him, into his chest.

"Watchout!" He said when he dragged me to him. A kid on a bicycle passed by. I will almost hit if he didn't drag me.

"You okay? The kid is shouting on you." He said.

I was just looking into him. I can feel his breathing hard since he was running to get through me. I raised my right eyebrow and ignored him instead. Then, I move out from his embrace and continue my walk to the building. I need to go home. I just want to go home now. Few steps away from the condominium building. I can already see the building. Five steps, four steps, three steps, two steps, one step and I am now in front of the building. Finally! My right foot was about to step inside the building when suddenly he held my right hand again and dragged me to go outside.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

"Hannah, wait!" He said while catching his breath. "My God! Ha!" He said and breathe in then he breathe out. "You're walking too fast. Why did you suddenly leave? You didn't wait me?"

I was just looking at him. I can see the sweat on his face. His face is now red in color because he run through me. I can only see his mouth is open and close. Yeah! He's talking. He's saying something to me. I raised my right eyebrow then ignored him. And I turned back at him and was about to step inside the condominium building but he stopped me. He holds both of my shoulder and force me to turned to look at him.

I can hear him breathing.

He looks at me one more time then his hand went to my left ear then he pulled off the earphone on my left ear. He did the same way on my right ear. Then he looks at me.

He sighed.

"Can you hear me now?" He said in a low tone instead.

I just nodded.

"Okay. Why did you leave without waiting for me?" He said. I can see softness on his eyes that directly looking into my eyes.

I was just looking at him. I can't speak. I can already hear him but at the moment I think both of my ears left on my earphone. At the moment, my mind is not working. I don't know but the sounds came from him that captured by both of my ears that should be process to form an idea on my mind is not working. I don't know. I just don't know.

He sighed again.

"Okay." He just said and look into my eyes one more time then his right hand held my left hand and dragged me to walk.

I turned my look on the floor then turned it back on his hand that holding my hand. I smiled. And both of my cheeks are blushing. And at the moment, I was on a mind-boggling situation. I turned up my look to him and there, I saw his back. His navy blue long sleeves polo is now wet because of his sweat. I sighed and I smiled.