CHAPTER FOURTY-SIX: At The Vintage Cafe

At The Vintage Cafe

The Wedding Celebration

        Life is a gift. It is a gem. A treasure. A breath. My precious.

So honey now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a
thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
Maybe we found love
right where we are.

Maybe we found love
right where we are.

   We stop from dancing when the song stops from playing.

Breathe in.
Breathe out.

" So, hello, my wife! " He whispered in my right ear.

     I feel both of my cheeks turns to red. And I can't stop myself from smiling. The happiness that I've felt today, enjoyment, is priceless. Whew! Happiness. Yes, happiness. Overflowing happiness.

    Then, we heard a clap. We turned to them. In a sudden moment, we almost forgot that we still have visitors here. They are all here. I turned my look around. I'm back again. I'm back to my true home, the Vintage Cafe. As I look around, it is still the same as before. Well, aside from the wedding decorations for today's celebration, aside from the wedding flowers and candles, nothing change. Yes, nothing has change. No changes, just the same. It is still the same. Yes, it is. Same as before. I feel now, I think I can breathe well now, knowing that I came back to this place. And, I thank God that I did not close it for good. Thank you, Lord! You gave back my precious thing. We are back. Back, same as before. The Vintage Cafe came back, the usual. Yes, the usual, same as before. The old look of it. I suddenly missed it. Its color, its ambiance, its aura. The whole Cafe, The whole Vintage Cafe. Its foods and drinks. Its scent. The whole Vintage Cafe, I love it.

  " Congratulations to the newly weds! Best Wishes! " Aunt Telly announced. " This day, is their day! So, let's celebrate with them. "

   I smiled at her then I embraced her. " Thanks, Aunt Telly. I really appreciate it. "

   " You're very much welcome, my dear. " She said.

    I smiled at her. Then, I turned my look at them, in front of us. 

   " Thank you so much for coming here, all of you!  It is my pleasure to have all of you here, celebrating the special day of our lives with us. " Derrick announced.

  " Yes, we would like to give our heartful thanks to all of you, guys. Thanks! " I said then I look around.

Mike and Millie came back to the Cafe.

"Today is a celebration, a double celebration. For our wedding and for the reopening of the Vintage Cafe." I said. " I thought, I will lost it forever but thanks to God, and also to all of you who helped me. And, of course to Derrick. Because of you, the Vintage Cafe became alive again, it came back to me. Thank you! " I emotionally said.

They just clapped their hands while shouting.

I smiled at them. I look at their faces one by one. I'm so glad that Benedict is still here, sitting in the front with Doc Leonard, then, beside them, there they are, Kathleen and Marie, Luke and Mia, Mike and Millie, and the little kids, they are there. And, of course Aunt Telly and Uncle Ken, and especially to Derrick's parents. I am so glad they are all here, celebrating our special day with us.

I sigh.

Seeing them, being with them, having them, today, is the most special gift that I've ever received. Well, it seems that everything has changed. Though, the usual sight that I usually saw is still the same but the ambiance, the aura change into something that... I don't know. Yeah, I felt that there is something that had changed and I cannot explain what is it. Funny, weird but it is. Really is.

I sigh.

I don't know why my heart suddenly beats too fast.

" Well, it's a cheers to everyone! " I said aloud.

"Cheers!" They shouted.

"Congratulations!" They said aloud.

"Best Wishes!" They said in a loud voice.

Then, they clap their hands. Yes, I heard them clapping. I just smiled at them. I turned my look around and I suddenly felt cold. My heart beats too fast. My sweat suddenly flows on my face. I suddenly felt cold. I look around and I held Derrick's arm. As I look at him, he's just smiling at them and keeps on talking with them. I suddenly feel the floor where I was standing is swaying. As I look back in the visitors, my sight gets blurred. Oh, my God! Not this time, please. Not this time. My hold on his arm suddenly tightened.

" Are you alright? " He said.

I turned my look at him. I can sense concern on his voice.

I just nod at him and I force my lips to form a smile. I just don't want him to get worried today, not at this moment, not this time. Not this time. No, not this time.

   I breathe hard then I turned my look back in the front where I see their smiling faces suddenly gets blurred.

" Are you sure? " I heard Derrick's said.

My mouth will about to open when I feel my head aches and I feel like I was swaying until my sight suddenly gets blurry until it became dark.

" Hannah! " I still heard Derrick's shout before I close my eyes.