CHAPTER FOURTY-THREE: At Hannah's Place

At Hannah's Place

The Wedding Preparation      

" Please look up, Ma'am." The beautician said while doing the make-up on my face. She put some of the foundation on my neck up to my chin then to my cheeks and to my forehead. Then, she wipe it slowly all-over my face for the even skin tone. Then, she put some blush on for the rosy cheeks and eyelashes extension to emphasize my big eyes. Then, she put a glossy nude lipstick on my lips. Simple but elegant. A perfect look for a bride.

    I turned my look at my back when I heard knocks on the door. Aunt Telly opened the door.

" Hello, My dear! You look so gorgeous! " Aunt Telly said upon entering my room then he kissed me on my both cheeks. " You, really are, pretty. Perfect, my dear. Congratulations and Best wishes, my dear. We love you. "

  I smiled at her.

" Thank you, Aunt Telly. " I said.

" Congratulations, Hannah! Best wishes, my dear! " Uncle Ken said then he embraced me.

" Thank you, Uncle Ken! " I said to him.

" Congratulations, Miss Hannah! " said by Mike and Millie. They are standing at the back of Uncle Ken and Aunt Telly.

" Oh! You're here, Mike, Millie! Thanks for coming! " I said to them.

They smiled at me.

Then, I heard a cough at their back.

" Oh! Hi! You're also here. " I said and I smiled a bit. I was a bit surprise that they are all here. " You're all here. "

Marie, Kathleen, Leonard entered the room.

" Hi! Congratulations Hannah! " Marie smiled a bit then kiss me on my left cheek.

" Thanks, Marie! " I said to her and I smiled back.

Kathleen hugged me then she whispered " Well, Best Wishes! Congrats! "

I laugh.

" Thank you Kathleen! " I said back.

Leonard walked closely to me.

" Hello! Well, I see that you've decided to settle down. Good for you, Hannah! Its good for your condition. I'm happy to both of you! My Best Wishes to both of you!" " Leonard said then he kiss me on my left cheek.

I smiled at him.

" Okay! That's enough! Enough for the drama! Today is a celebration. " Aunt Telly said. " Let's go now to the church. Let's give the beautiful bride of the century a time to prepare herself. 'Cause this day, is her day. "

I laugh.

" Thank you, Aunt Telly! Thanks to all of you! Thank you so much! " I said.

" We cannot wait to see how your gown looks into you. We are so eager to see it. See you later, my dear! " Aunt Telly said.

I just nod at her. My tears are about to fall down but I'm holding it. I don't want to ruin my make-up. Haha!

They wave their hands goodbye and left me on this room.

I sigh.

I turned my look back in front of the mirror and stared on my reflection.

" Can I continue doing your make-up, Ma'am? " The beautician said.

I just nod at her.

I'm staring on my reflection. I was just staring in front of the mirror. I noticed the every move of the hand of the beautician. How she move her hands, every detail of it. I was just watching. I sighed. Overflowing emotions. I can't hold it.

I breathe hard. " Hu! " I said aloud.

" Are you alright, Ma'am? Are you feeling alright? " the beautician said.

" Yes, I'm okay. Don't mind me. " I said then I smiled at her. " Thanks! "

This day is another chapter of my life. Yes, I'm happy. Yes, I am. I am happy. Yes, I'm happy yet scared. I'm happy yet I've felt worried. I'm happy yet in doubt. I'm happy yet..

I breathe hard.

    Then, I smiled.

     I looked at myself in the mirror while the beautician is now doing my hair. She arranged it like she's doing an ikebana arrangement of flowers. She let some strands of my hair to laid on my face. She held my chin then look at me, from left to right. Then, she smiled.

" Done! Perfect! " She said. " Finally! "

I smiled at her. " Thank you! "

She clap her hands and looks so excited. " Its time for the wedding gown. "

I laugh a bit.

I stand up and went to my bed. The wedding gown and veil and the shoes are laid on top of it. I pick the wedding gown and went to the comfort room to wear it.

The white off-shoulder wedding gown that has silver sequins on the strap on its shoulders. Pure white in color from top until the tip of it. I look at myself one more time in my vanity mirror inside of the comfort room. I turned around and I smiled. I went outside the comfort room to wear the shoes.

" So, how does it look? " I said to her. Then, I turn around in front of her.

" Perfect, Madame! But, you forgot something. " She said then she pick up the veil that was placed on top of the bed and put it on my head. Then, she put on the silver thin crown on my head.

I smiled at her. " Thank you! "

I was about to pick up the shoes when someone get it first. I turned my look to see who get it.

I was surprise to see him here. He should be in the church now.

   He cough.

" I presume that its my turn now. " He said then he laugh.

I raise my right eyebrow then ignored him.

" Haha! Don't give me that look, Mademoiselle! "He said while laughing. " I will miss this. Honestly, I will miss this. " He said.

" What are you doing here? " I asked him. " You should be in the church today. "

He laugh.

" Well-" He look on his wrist watch. "It still too early."

"So? Groomsmen should be on the church now." I said.

He sigh.

Then, he breathe hard.

   He kneeled in my front. Then, he held my left foot and put on the shoe on it.

" Whew! So, it's over now. You finally have him. He finally have you. Well, I think you, two, are perfect match. Destined for each other. " He said.

" I'm so sorry, Benedict. " I said. I'm pertaining to his feelings for me.

He smiled at me.
Then, he held my right foot and wear the other shoe on it.

" Its okay. I know I'm just a friend, a brother, a regular customer, your Cafe neighbor. Its okay. That is okay. I knew it. I understand it. " Then, he laugh. " I'm sorry if I'm being sentimental here. Well, it was just so hard in looking at you, standing in front of me, wearing that wedding dress, preparing for your wedding. Haha! Funny! I admit, I felt a little jealousy though....... I can handle this. I know. Yes, I know. " He said.

He stand up and look into me. Then, he moved closely to me and embraced me. Then, he holds my chin and turned it up to look at to him straight into his eyes. Then, his face moved closely to me and his lips touch my forehead, on top of my veil. I can feel sincerity on that kiss. Yes, sincerely.

" Well, you really look so beautiful on that wedding dress. Perfect! Congratulations and Best Wishes! " He said then he smiled.

   He look at me one last time before he walk to the door and leave.

   My eyes just followed him.