CHAPTER FIFTEEN: At The Vintage Cafe

At The Vintage Cafe

"Miss Hannah?" Mike called me. He's still on the kitchen together with them, Derrick and Benedict.

We have a small window that divided the counter and the kitchen. It serves as our way of communication, submitting of orders.

"Yes?" I said back to him while I'm still in the counter and currently typing in the cash register for the orders of the customer.

"Ahm.. Would it be okay if, ahm.. if they will leave the kitchen? Sir Derrick and Sir Benedict?" He said in a very low tone. "Ahm.. It is because they still arguing with each other and I was not able to concentrate in making the orders because of them."

"Hey, Mike! What are you saying? Ha?" Derrick said. They pulling him back on the kitchen while his right arm is on Mike's neck.

"Bro! Relax! We're friends here, right? Hahaha!" Benedict said and his left arm is also on Mike's neck.

And, I can see his sweat on his face. I don't know if I should laugh or what!

"Ma'am, please help me! I can't breathe!" Mike said while he's trying to remove both of their arms. Derrick is laughing out loud same with Benedict.

These two!

"Will you please let him go?" I shouted at them. "And please get out in the kitchen if you can't keep silent? If you really want to help, do what you want but don't interfere in the kitchen, in the serving area and especially in the counter. Or else, I will kick you out by myself from this Cafe. Did you understand?"

"Alright. I will leave the kitchen." Derrick said.

"Fine. I will leave also." Benedict said. "But, I will serve as your waiter today. Since you don't have one."

"Yeah! He's right. We will serve. Also, it is for your own benefit, for the benefit of the Cafe. You may serve their orders faster than the usual." Derrick explained.

I rolled my eyes. My God!

"Whatever!" I just said and returned to the customer in my front.

Few minutes passed. Then, there they are holding both of trays. They both wearing an apron. A red apron, the usual uniform of Vintage Cafe. Benedict still have his camera hanging on his neck while Derrick folded his long sleeves up to his arm then his necktie has been loosen up. They still look good. I don't know if I should laugh at them or what, but they really look cute on that uniform. I saw them welcoming the newly entered customers, group of teens, they are two boys and two girls. They look like they just came from school since they are still wearing a school uniform. I saw Benedict assisted them by getting their orders.

"Good day! Welcome to Vintage Cafe! May I take your order Sir/Ma'am?" Benedict said to them.

The teens smiled at him and nodded.

"Two cups of mocha cream float and Two cups of chocolate sundaes. Thanks! And, do you have a free photo booth today?" the teenage girl said to him.

"Ha? No. We don't have a free photo booth today, Ma'am. I'm sorry." He answered back.

"But, you have a camera?" She said while pointing his camera on his neck.

"Oh, this? This is my... my.. ahm.. other work.. Yeah! I just can't explain it." He said while scratching his nape. He looks like he's having a headache to those teenagers.

"That was a Polaroid camera, right?" The teenage girl look so interested.

"Yup." He just said. "But, it is also has a film. A two-way camera."