CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE: At The Vintage Cafe

At The Vintage Cafe

Vintage Cafe where you can feel the aura of reminiscence of the past that somehow will let you be back in the old you.

"Good morning, Sir/Ma'am! Welcome to Vintage Cafe! Can I take your order, Sir/Ma'am? Thanks!" I said to the customer in front of the counter who's in the line same as the other customers.

"Good morning! One box of round chocolate cake, for take out please! Thanks!" the customer said.

"One box of round chocolate cake, for take out. Got it!" I said back. "For awhile, Ma'am!" I said and punched in her order in the cash register.

"Here's your change, Ma'am!" I said to her and gave the change to her. Then I turned to Millie. "Millie, here's the order slip. Thanks!"

"Got it, Miss Hannah!" she said back.

Minutes passed.

"Here's your order, Ma'am! Thank you! Come again!" Millie said.

"Thank you!" the customer said back then he move out from the counter.

"Next customer, please?" I said.

The customer we previously assisted went back to the counter and talked to me.

"Excuse me, Miss?" she said.

"Yes, Ma'am?" I said back.

"I think you gave me the wrong order." she said and showed the box of cake to me.

"I said one box of round chocolate cake. This is not a chocolate cake. I don't know what's the flavor of it but I know it is not a chocolate cake." she explained to me.

Millie went near me.

"I'm sorry, Ma'am but your order is a box of round choco latte cake. It was listed on the order slip." Millie said then she showed to us the order slip.

I tapped my forehead. It's my fault.

"Oh, My God! I'm so sorry, Ma'am! It was my fault. Typing error, maybe. Let me change it. I'm really sorry, Ma'am! Can you please wait for awhile and we will change it." I said to her then I called Mike to change it.

"Mike, please change her order to a box of round chocolate cake. Thanks!" I said to him.

"Okay, Ma'am!" Mike said and he get the box of Round Choco Latte Cake.

Then I turned back to the woman in our front.

"I'm really sorry, Ma'am!" I said again.

"We're very sorry, Madame!" Millie also said.

"It's okay. But, I hope it will never happen again." She said back. But, obviously, she's irritated to us.

Few minutes passed.

"I'm so sorry, Ma'am. It took so long but here's your order." Mike said then gave it to me.

"Thanks, Mike!" I said to him.

"You're welcome, Ma'am!" He said back and went back to the kitchen.

I checked it first by myself and I turned back to our customer and gave the box to her.

"Here's your order, Ma'am. Please check it first if it is your order. Thank you. Ma'am!" I said to her.

"It is correct. Thanks!" she just said.

She was about to leave but I stopped her.

"Wait, Ma'am! We're very sorry for the inconvenience. Since you've take time staying in the Cafe. For this, we will give you a 20% discount." I said and turned my look to the cash register to compute and gave back the money to her. "Again, we're very sorry, Ma'am!"

"Thank you! That's okay as long as you will not do it to the other customers. Attention to details." she said and smiled to us. Then she leave.

I sighed.

"Are you alright, Miss Hannah?" Milie asked me. "You look pale."

"Yes, I'm okay. My head was just aching because of lack of sleep, maybe. Can you please handle the counter for me? I will just rest for awhile." I said to her.

"Okay, Ma'am!" Millie said.

"If you have some problems, just call me. I'll be at the Photo Studio, the next shop." I said to her then I unwear my apron.

"Got it, Ma'am!" Millie said.

I nodded at her. Then I went first to the kitchen. I need to bring cakes and coffees to the studio if I will go there. I usually do that if I want to rest a bit. There's no space in the Cafe at the moment. So, I have no choice. I need to go there.

"Hi Mike!" I said to Mike upon seeing him in the kitchen. He's busy in doing the orders.

"Hello, Miss Hannah! Do you need anything?" He said back.

"No. I can do it." I said to him while getting some brownies and slice of cakes then I made two cups of coffees. "BTW, I will go to the studio, the next shop. I already advised Millie about it. If you need anything else, just call me. I just need to rest for awhile." I said to him.

"Got it, Ma'am!" He said back.

"Okay. Bye!" I said then I leave the kitchen.

I saw Millie in the counter.

"Millie, I'll go now!" I said to her.

I saw her nodding at me. She's busy with the customer that she currently assisting. I waved my hand at her and walked through the door. Few steps and I'll be now on the Photo studio.

These past few days, I noticed that my head is hurting several times. Though, I think there is no health issue about that. So, there's no need to see a doctor. Besides, I was lack of sleep last night. That's maybe the reason why I made typed the incorrect words. Yeah! It was just stress. Yeah! It was just because of stress. Fatigue. It was just because of tiredness. Yeah! And the cure of it is only rest. I just need to rest a little. A bit. For awhile. And I know, I will feel better later.

Sighed.
Breathe in.
Breathe out.