CHAPTER SEVEN: At Hannah's Place

At Hannah's Place

"Is it really okay to leave his car unattended on that area?" I asked myself upon entering my unit. "Well, it's not my fault. I did reminded him. I didn't lack in reminding on him. Yeah! I don't have a hold on that even if it is within the Cafe premises."

I walked through the sofa and put down my bag and sit on it. What a tiring day? I leaned my head on the sofa. Oh! The feeling of sitting on a water bed. My God! That was what my butt feels right now. After standing in hours? I can now feel the cramps on my both legs. Too many customers today. I'm lucky that Mike and Millie are there to help me. I'm lucky to have them.

I sighed.

This is my condo unit. Not too wide, not too narrow, just enough for an individual living organism to live here. I leaned my head on the sofa and looked up in the ceiling. My condo is pure in white paints, from floor to wall up unto the ceiling. And of course, vintage inspired decorations. This condo does not have too many decors, furniture and appliances. I just want a spacious area. As I look around the condo, the silence embraced me. And I'm not used to in silence. I stand up and opened the radio. A sweet music after a tiring day somehow, will let me feel relax. I walked directly to my room. My bed is located in the middle, in between of my clothing cabinet and my vanity mirror. Beside of my vanity mirror is the door for the comfort room. Same on the living room area, it has pure white in paints, and same goes to the kitchen. This is the place where I do what I did not usually do.

This is my life, the Vintage Cafe and this condo. These two places are my life. I spent the twelve years, and counting, of my life with these two. I walked through the comfort room. I just need a bath before I'll go to sleep. This is my routine in life. This is my lifestyle. I woke up then I drank coffee then went to the cafe. After closing, I go back to my condo, have a bath, and sleep. I know that my life was too boring but this is the life that I used to live after my parents gone. Yeah! I've learned on how to stand on my own feet. I've learned on how to isolate myself. Ah.. no, the time taught me on how to stand on my own feet and on how to isolate myself, on how to live a life, alone.

I feel fresh and relax now after having a bath. I feel better now. I played a song on the DVD player beside my bed. I just can't sleep without listening to sweet music. This is, somehow, sounds a lullabies to my ears. I don't know but these past few days I just felt that it is better to listen to the sound of sweet music. It will somehow help me to have a good sleep.

I laid my body on the bed with my both hands and both feet spread. My God! I love the feeling of lying on my bed. I spread my hands widely until I reach the both corners of the headrest of this bed. Then, I yawned. I hope I will have a good sleep.

I was now snoring when I heard something. I get my pillow and covered it to both my ears. But the sounds gets louder. I stand up then get back again in my bed. I have no time for that kind of, I-don't-know! I was about to close my eyes when I heard it again. The doorbell rings. Someone pushed the doorbell. Yeah! Someone keeps on pushing the button of my doorbell in the front door. The feeling of, you are already sleeping but it is suddenly stop. Almost. The feeling of in between. The feeling of, you are about to sneeze, almost. The feeling of, you left hanging somewhere. The feeling of--Arg! I drag myself to the front door. Yeah! I drag my feet to walk through the door. My God!

Time check, two o'clock in the dawn. And I am now here standing in front of my door. I breathe in first then open the door. My eyes are half-open.

"What?" I said while covering my mouth after I yawned. I open the door without knowing who's in my front.

"Hi! Ah.. Did I wake up you?" My visitor said. The question came from the voice of this person in my front. Yeah! It came from him. He asked me that question knowing that I am standing in front of him wearing my sleeping clothes while both of my eyes are half-open. Yeah! He asked me a stupid question. And at the moment, I want to kick him. I sighed and close the door in front of him. This man! I don't have time on his 'whatever' it is. I was about to walk back to my room when I heard a knock again on the door.