CHAPTER THIRTY- TWO: At The Vintage Cafe

At The Vintage Cafe

One week has been passed

     "Miss Hannah, we don't have enough ingredients." Mike said.

     We just opened the Vintage Cafe. We still doesn't have customers yet.

     I went to the kitchen to see it.

     "I've just bought new stocks a day ago." I said at Mike.

     "Ahm... You did not bought anything, Miss Hannah." He said. Then, he showed to me the empty cans and containers.

     "Oh! My- But, I know that I've bought our stocks, as far as I can remember." I insisted.

      "Ahm... No, you did not, Miss Hannah." Mike said.

      I turned my look at my back when I heard Millie talked.

      "I was able to remind you on that, Miss Hannah." She said.

      "What will we do now?" I said. And, maybe because of,  out of frustration, my head hurts.

      I sighed.

      Breathe in.

      Breathe out.

      "Alright. We don't have any ingredients that we can use for today?" I asked them.

      "We don't have anything, Miss Hannah." Mike confirmed.

      "Alright. We need to close now. You can go home, you two. I will go to the grocery store first. For now, we need to close the Cafe for the today." I said to them.

     "We can help here, Miss Hannah." They both said.

     "No, it's okay. I can handle it. I'm sorry but don't worry, your day today is paid. It is included on your salary. For now, you can leave." I said to them.

      "Just left the list of the ingredients, Mike. Just left it on the counter." I said to them and I went back on the counter to check for our sales.

       "Here's the list, Miss Hannah." Mike said and put down the list on the counter.

       "Thank you!" I said.

        "Bye, Miss Hannah!" Mike said.

        "We will go now, Miss Hannah. Goodbye!" Millie.

        "Goodbye! Take care, you two!" I said to them.

       I turned my look back on the cash register. And, upon checking, we didn't have a good sales in the previous days. And, as per the results of our sales per day, It was gradually decreases. If this will continue on this situation, I might lose the Vintage Cafe.

        I sighed.

       My head is suddenly hurt. I scratched my hair using both of my hands. Yes, a sign of frustration. I was on this kind of situation when the door chimes ring. I turned my look on it to see who entered in the Cafe. We're closed today.

       "Hi!" He said. "You're close."

       I just nod.

       He turned his look at me while walking through my direction. He's holding a bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolate.

      He stopped in front of the counter.

      Then, he smiled shyly.

      "You have a bad hair today, huh?" He said while smiling.

      "Ah-" I don't know what to say. I don't know what to do. Then I was frantically sat on the chair and leaned on it instead.

      "Hi!" I said.

       He just smile and give the flower and chocolates to me.

       "Thanks! Ahm.. What are you doing here?" I said while smiling nervously.

        "It has been a week." He said. "And, I just want to apologize."

         I look at him seriously.

         "You're forgiven." I just said.

          "Well, thank you!" He said.

          "And, what else?" I said. "Do you need anything else?" And I started on cleaning.

          "Ahm, nothing." He said.

          "Okay." I said back then I turned off the cash register and I stand up. I left the flowers and the chocolates under the counter then moved out from the counter. I went to the windows and pulled down the blinds.

          "Let me." He said then he held my hand that holding the handle of the blinds and slowly pulled it down. He is at my back.

          I move away from him.

          "Okay, thanks!" I said then I let him to pulled down the other blinds.

          Then, I walked back to the counter to get my bag and the list.

           He is now standing near the door.

           I shrugged.

           "So, aren't you leave now? I'm going." I said to him.

           "What happen? Why did you close the Cafe too early? Where will you go?" He asked.

           I sighed.

           "Nothing happened. We have lack of supplies that is why I decided to close the Vintage Cafe for today, for this day only." I said to him. Why do I need explain it to him? "And, I will go to the grocery store." I said and I showed the list to him and wave it. "So, what else? Do you have another question?" there is a sarcasm on my voice.

            He sighed. He didn't answer.

            Then, I ignored him.

             I opened the door and wait for him to come out.

           "Alright. Let's go." He said. Then he come out from the Cafe.

           I closed the Cafe and locked it. Then, I turned to him.

           "What?" I said aloud.

           "Lets go. I'll go with you." He said.

           "No need." I said.

           "I'll drive you to the grocery store." He insisted.

           "But,-"I was not able to to say what I suppose to say when he moved close to me.

           I was a bit shock when he moved his face close to my face. My heart is beating too fast.

           "No buts, no ifs. I'll go with you." He whispered.

            My mind is battling with my heart.

           I can't breathe well.

         "Hannah!"Then someone called my name.

         "Hannah!" He said again.

         I look at Derrick. The feeling of having him too close too, it takes my breath away. Yes, and I can't breathe. I sighed. Then, I turned my look at his back. There, I saw Benedict. He's going through our direction. Derrick also turned on his back.

         I can feel my head is hurting. I feel like I was swaying. And my sight gets blurred upon seeing him going through us. The surrounding is like moving. Yes, I think I was swaying. My body is shaking and I don't know why. My sight is suddenly gets dim. Haziness is all I can see. Until the surrounding becomes dark. And there, the face of Derrick is the last that I saw before my eyes gets close.