CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: At The Office

At The Office

"Good morning, guys!" Kathleen said upon entering the room. "I'm so sorry I'm late."

We are currently handling our meeting when she arrived.

"Good morning, Kath! That is okay. You're just on time." I said to her.

She smiled and walked through my direction and sat beside me. Mia and Luke are sitting in opposite poles. We are sitting with a round table in the middle herein the huddle room. And I was sitting in front of the whiteboard, our visual aids.

"Alright. So, guys we had a great result from the market demands and supplies of our new products created by our team. That was a great job for you, guys! Great job!" I said to them.

"Thanks Sir!" Mia and Luke said.

"Since, Kathleen is already here, she will be the one who will present the market results and any news came from the top management." I said and gave the connector to her laptop. She connected the wire on her laptop then she proceeded.

"Hi Team! I'm so sorry, I was late!" She said. "Let's start. So, this is the chart of the result of our newly produced clothes." She said. She discussed and explained it very well, every detailed of it.

I was just listening and nodding while she is speaking.

"The consumers embraced our new products, as per our latest survey shows. They love how it looks. They love the cloth that we used. Overall, they love it. We have a good result, it was great anyway." She added.

I stand up and faced them.

"That was great! The top management gives the credit to our team for having this product successful in the market." I said. "And now, we should keep on going. We should not get tired in innovating and creating new ideas that will hook the heart of our consumers."

This is my work. This is my profession.

"So, it was-" I was about to discuss it further when my phone rings. "I'm sorry." I said and I did not pay attention on it and just continue to our discussion instead.

"Our product-" I was not able to continue what I was supposed to say because of the ringtone of my phone that keeps on ringing. I lock it off without looking who's the caller.

"I'm sorry. So, this-" I suddenly stops from talking when my phone rings again. It keeps on ringing. I look at the screen to see who's the caller, and it was Hannah! It was her. What the-I need to answer it.

"For awhile, I need to answer this call." I said to them.

"Go ahead." Kathleen said.

While Mia and Luke nodded at me.

I went outside the huddle room and took up the call at the back of the door.

"Yes? Hi, Hannah?" I said upon pushing the answered button on my phone.

"Hi Derrick! Drop by in the Cafe today, I'll just return your jacket and mittens." She said.

"No need. You can keep that on you." I said back.

"Just drop by. No more arguments, Derrick. Please!" She said in a bit irritate tone.

I scratched my nape and just nod as if she can see me. What can I do? She's my boss.

"Alright. And--Hello? Hannah? Are you still there?" I said but I did not hear her voice.

"Hello? Hannah?" I said again but she did not replied back.

I look at my phone and there it is, the call was ended. She turned off her phone. My God! This woman!

"Haha! She's so-!" I just said and shrugged.

I went back on the huddle room and they are still there waiting for me. I smiled to them and we continued from where we left.

"Alright. Let's continue." I said to them. "Where did we stop? Okay, let see. So, as what I said earlier, the new products got a great result." I said and explained it all same as what Kathleen did earlier, just to elaborate it more.

Work, Friendship, Love. Love, Work, Friendship. Friendship, Work, Love. To sum it all, that was life. Life surrounds by work, friends and love. That was the normal routine of life for a normal man. Indeed. It was not that I was doing a stereotyping of life or mindset of life but in reality, that was true. That was true. Life consists of work, friendships and love. That's how life is doing. It is a mindset of practicality, no sarcasm, but practicality instead. Still, it depends on the way of thinking of every individual. At the end, it's their decision. That is life. And, this is life. What can we do? Nothing. Just embrace it. That's how life works. That is life. Yeah! Repeating itself again and again. This is not my lifestyle since I did focused more on work, well, of course, Hannah will always be there. She's always will. Maybe, that's how my life work. My job, my family, and Hannah. I used to it. I used to.

"Alright. Thanks for having with me today! That's all! You can go back to your work now, guys!" I said to Luke and Mia.

"Thanks, Sir Derrick." said by Mia.

"Thanks, Sir!" Luke said.

Luke and Mia left the room and went back on their table while Kathleen stay here.

"Alright. So, what do we have now? Do we need to create another batch?" Kathleen said.

"Yes. Just the usual. We need to create and invent and innovate. That's our work. We need to satisfy our consumers." I said to her.

"Got it. I'll let them know." She said.

"Alright. Thanks, Kathleen." I said to her.

Then she walked to the door and went back on her table.

I stayed in the huddle room to review our minutes. I look up on my laptop and started to type. Then my phone vibrates. I received a text message from her. It was came from Hannah.

"Don't forget to drop by in the Cafe after your work. Get your jacket and mittens. If you wouldn't come, I swear, I will throw it in the garbage can outside!"

That was her message.

"Haha! Hannah! Why are you so-?" I just smiled.

I was smiling while typing my reply on her message. A great day, isn't it?