CHAPTER SIX: At The Vintage Cafe

At The Vintage Cafe

I'm busy in serving the customers on the Cafe when a group of people was suddenly entered the Cafe. Two people stepped inside first, then followed by the other two at their back. I recognized the other person at their back. That was Derrick!

I was about to call him but I noticed that he's with someone else. He's with someone else. Then I saw, that someone else is speaking to him, then went to a table, a table for groups, near the window at the corner side of the Cafe. And I don't know who's that someone else he's with. And that someone else is a She. Yeah! She as in She as in Her as in a Lady, a Girl, a Woman. Yeah! And that someone else is now sitting beside him in the chaise longue, table for groups, near the window at the corner side of the cafe. Haha! Funny on my side. I don't know why, but I know I don't like her from the moment my eyes laid at her. Relax, Hannah! It was just nothing.

The whole time they are here, I am out focus. I pretended that I'm busy in the counter but the truth is I just don't want to have a free time to think of them. I also doesn't want to look at them. Yeah! I'm crazy. What can I do? That was what I felt. I'm just wondering who are they since he did not introduce them to me. Yeah! For what? I don't care. It's not of my business. And who am I to know who's always with him. Who am I? Yeah, who am I for him?

I saw him walking towards my direction. Maybe he will order for food again. This guy! Why is he so good-looking even if he looks so haggard since he had just came from a whole day work? God! I can see tiredness on his eyes. I can see it from here. I can't remove my eyes from him while walking towards me. I can suddenly feel the heat on my both cheeks. My heart is suddenly beats too fast, dug..dug..dug.. And I can't stop myself from giving the sweetest smile that I could give in my whole life.

"Yes, Derrick?" I said to him in a very very gentle and a sweet voice.

"Ah.. Hannah? Are you alright?" He said to me.

I nodded at him two times then he snapped his fingers in front of me. My eyes widened and suddenly I stand straight and put the strands of my hair at the back of my ears. My God! What are you doing Hannah Marie Lopez?!

I coughed a little and smiled a bit to him.

"Yes?" I said in a normal serious voice.

"We're done." He said.

And that was the time I notice them. They're standing at his back.

"Hannah, they are my team, Luke and Mia, and of course Kathleen, you already know her. And guys, this is Hannah, the owner of the Vintage Cafe."

"Hi! Nice to meet you all!" I just said to them and waved my hand a little.

"Nice to meet you too, Hannah!" said by Mia.

"Same here, Hannah!" said by Luke.

"It was so nice meeting you, Hannah. I'm lucky that Derrick was able to mention me to you." Kathleen said.

I just nod a little. Yeah! Who are you? Do I know you? My God!

"We will leave now. Thanks again!" He said.

"Ok." I just said. Go now! Go, go, go! Get out now!

They walk through the door. But, Derrick walk back through me.

"Hannah, I will fetch you later." He said.

"No need." I just said. This guy! Why don't you just leave? Yeah! Why don't you just leave? Why don't you just get out of my life, for good?

"I insist." He said and he started to walk through the door while waving his hand.

I just sighed.