CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE: At Hannah's Place

At Hannah's Place

"Why did you asked?" He said. "What made you think that you will encounter an accident?" Then, he sighed. "Just be careful."

I rolled my eyes.

"My God! It is not the literally means. Just answer it." I said then I leaned on the chair same as what he did.

"Okay." He said. "Hmm. So, what will I do? Let me think of it." He said and acted as if he's thinking while suppressing his smile. But, he is not. He's making a fun of me. Yes, he didn't taken me seriously.

I ignored him.

"Okay. Don't bother to answer it." I said then I stand up. And I started in cleaning the table. "You're done?" I asked to him then without waiting for him to answer, I pick up his plate even if it has still food on it.

"Hey wait! I'm not done yet." He said while smiling. Then, he tried to get the plate from me but I didn't give it to him.

"You're done." I said. And, it is a confirmation.

I heard him laugh. Laugh out loud.

I just ignored him then put the plate on the sink same as the glass and the spoon and fork.

Then, I started to clean it.

And he is still continue on laughing.

"You're acting like a brat, Hannah!" He said while smiling. Then he stand up and stand next to me on the sink.

"Shut up!" I said aloud to him.

"Hahaha!" He just laughing.

I wiped my hand after I'm done on washing the plate.

"Move out!" I said to him then I went to the living room and opened the door. "Now, leave." I said to him while pointing the way outside.

He grinned at me.

I rolled my eyes and ignored him.

Then, he walked through the living room and stopped on the middle. Then, he put both of his hands on his pockets while looking at me. His grin turns to laugh. And his laugh turns to smile. And his smile turns to sigh while looking at me.

"Look, Hannah. You don't have to worry anything 'cause, in the first place, there won't be an accident. It will never happen. It won't happen to you. I assure you. It won't happen to you... because..... I am here." He said seriously. "I won't let that to happen."

Then, he moved close to me. Few steps away from me, maybe three or four steps are our gap.

"Look, Hannah. There's no need to have an accident just to make you to remember me because in the first place I know... I know... I know that you knew me." He said. "I am always here for you. You knew it."

"Look, Hannah. I know you knew what I'm feeling for you." He said. "And I just can't resist it. From the start, you are in my mind, in my heart. Your face, your name has been engraved on my heart, on my soul, on my mind."

"Look, Hannah. I know that you didn't take me seriously. And, I know it sounds too corny for you but......" He sighed and looked on the floor then he turned his look back to me. "..I'm..I'm..I'm in love with you."

I was a bit surprise after I've heard what he just said. I look like, I am a statue on my position right now, standing in the door while my right hand is holding the doorknob and my left hand is showing the way outside.

"So?" He said in a low tone.

I know that he is waiting for an answer.

I sighed and I combed my hair using my left hand. Then, I let the door open and leaned my back on its panel instead. Then, I put both of my hands crisscrossed on my waist while looking at him.

"So?" He said again.

"And, so?" I said to him. Funny! But I'm happy. Yes, I am.

"You won't say anything?" He said.

"Do you want to say something?" He asked again.

"No." I just said.

"What, no? Wouldn't you say anything? Confirmation or any?" He keeps on asking.

"I said it's a no." I said to him.

"What, no?" He asked again.

"You just admit your feelings and my answer is a NO." I said in a very low tone. My knees are shaking.

I can see pain on his eyes.

"It can't be." I said.

"Why?" He asked back.

"It was just..." I sighed.. "It really can't be."

He looks frustrated now.

"Alright. If you want me to court you, I will do it." He said.

"No need." I said then I look down on the floor. I let my sight stayed on the floor. I can't stay to look at him.

I heard him sighed.

"Alright." He said. "Whew!" He said aloud. "It was just too vague...I can't understand it."

I heard him walking through my direction. I turned my look up and he is now standing in my front. An inch gap in between of us. He is too close. My heart is beating too fast. I can smell his breath.

He sighed.

Then he punched the wall at my back.

Then, he leave.

I was in shock. My heart is keeps on beating too fast. I felt trembled.

Breathe in.
Breathe out.

"I need a drink. Whew!" I said while waving my hand on my face. Haha! Funny! But, I didn't felt scared at the moment, instead, it was excitement. My God! This thought of mine. What made you think it was-Oh! My God! Haha! But, he is a hunk!

I rolled my eyes.

Both of my cheeks are blushing.

Yes, I'm blushing.

Funny it was.

I sighed. Calm down. Yes, I should be calm down.

"Calm down, Hannah! Calm down! Whew!" I said while waving my hand on my face. "Where's the water? I need a drink." I said and run through the kitchen.