CHAPTER FOURTEEN: At The Vintage Cafe

At The Vintage Cafe

Life is a choice. It is a matter of choice. All the things happening in your life is based on your decisions. It is always depending on your choice. But, the important thing is, be careful from choosing, 'cause once you're into it you can never ever returned it back. Decision making is the hardest part of life. So, better weigh down first all your facts before coming out into a decision that may or will change your lives into something that is either expectedly or unexpectedly. Choose. It's your choice.

"Which one should I choose? Ahm... Strawberry sundae or Chocolate Float?" said by the kid in front of the counter. She tapped her mother beside her. "Mom, which one should I choose?"

"It depends on your taste, sweetie. Choose whichever you like." Her mother said.

The kid turned back to the counter and looked into me.

"Miss Cashier, which one should I choose? Which is more delicious? Is it the Strawberry sundae? Or the Chocolate Float?" She said to me.

I smiled at her and answered.

"Ahm... It depends on you baby girl, as what your mom said. Those are both delicious." I just said to her.

"But, I need to choose. So, which one?" the little kid is keeps on asking it to me. "Please, choose."

I pause and think for awhile. Choose. Yeah! Choose. I was in the moment of thinking when I saw the two cars was parked in front of the Cafe. The drivers opened their front doors and went outside. They did that both at the same time. And they started to walk through the door. I saw him and him walking through the Cafe. Him and Him. It was Derrick and Benedict. The one who has a tan complexion and the other one who has a fair complexion. The one who has a curly hair and the other one who has a clean cut. The one who wears a black long sleeve polo and a grayish slacks and a black leather shoes, a typical business suit, and the other one who wears a white round-neck blue green short sleeve t-shirt and a black denim pants and a black rubber shoes, a typical rugged look for a photographer. The one who's holding a bouquet of white roses on his right hand and a box of chocolate on his left hand and the other one who's holding a bouquet of pink tulips on his left hand and a box of strawberries on his right hand. The one who-I was not able to continue what I'm thinking when someone is tapping on my right hand. I turned my look to the one that's tapping my hand. It was the kid in my front. She smiled at me.

"Which one?" she said.

I sighed. Why the kids are too-Arg! Never mind! I smiled back at her. I answered her while my look is turned back to them. To them, who's now approaching the counter. I felt trembled.

"Well, both of them are delicious. Though, they have their own characteristics but I can assure you that you will like them both." I said and at the moment I felt the heat on my both cheeks.

"Ahm, Miss, what are you saying?" Her Mom said to me. I was a bit surprise and embarrassment is suddenly run through my veins.

"Well, ahm.. I mean.. Ahm.. They... I mean... those are both good but I love chocolates." I just said instead and smiled to them.

"Alright. I will choose chocolates. One Chocolate Float, please? Thanks!" the kid said and smiled back at me.

"Alright. Please proceed to the serving area and Millie will serve it to you. Thank you!" I just said.

"Next customer, please!" I said. I started to type in the cash register when someone put down the two bouquet of flowers and two boxes in the counter. White roses. Pink tulips. A box of chocolates. A box of strawberries. I turned up my head and look up who did that. Then, there they are. The two insects of my life. Oh! My God! I'm really sorry for the bad words but I just can't stop myself from calling them into that.