Chapter 8

Present Mic finally settled down and stopped vomiting. He didn't feel mad at the kid, not really. But what baffled him was the sudden change of character. She was cool like ice just as cold and dangerous. At the same time, she was calm and relaxed. 

 Emi was given a half an hour break before the next round. Unlike the day before, she decided to avoided talking to anyone for a while, so instead of eating at the school cafeteria she at in her soon to be class 1-A. She enjoyed the temporary silence, it was comforting. She looked out the window and her brother's words echoed in her head.

" You're already familiar with cooperation among one another, working together to make the right decisions, etc. Today your lesson is controlling your bundle of complex emotions." Turquoise said with a simple smile.

" Which is a bit complicated to do especially for you guys I mean, you know cause you're....girls...." The looks Azure got made him a little uneasy. " *cough*, I mean you know, girls have..you know....you're emotions..."

" We get it, Azzy" Vermilion said with an eye roll.

" Okay, so basically you guys need to figure out how to redirect some of those negative outputs. It has to lessen the damage by the negative output, can be used by everyone and also allows positive outputs."

 Emi's eyes were grey, they shone a little as she attempted to activate her Quirk. She channeled it to her eyes, slowly.

" Okay, so far so good..." The whites of her eyes were turning black and those black marks were already crawling up her cheeks. Then, her irises turned black, she took a sharp breath as black tears started pouring to her eyes. She panicked, it was dark she couldn't see. Was she blind?

" Shit..." She heard a low, tired voice say. She felt being tied in something, then she could feel her Quirk stop working. Her eyes were starting to clear up, someone brushed away some of the ink from her face. She opened one eye and saw Aizawa-sensei with red eyes and his hair rose. She tried to move but she was trapped in his binds.

" Just..let me..." She spoke with a shaken voice trying to move her hand to wipe away the ink from her right eye with her sleeve.

" What do you think you're trying to do?" He said in an intimidating tone.

"...My...eye..." She said softly. Aizawa kept silent for a moment as Emi struggled against the binds.

" Don't move." He reached out and brushed the ink with his hand. She could see again. The black marks retreated until it was unseen. He sighed and let her go, she leaned in her seat feeling guilty for troubling him. " What were you actually attempting to achieve from that little stunt you pulled?"

".....I was trying to find a different output for some of the excess bits of my Quirk. Especially when using them it large quantities, it gets...stressful if it goes on for too long."

" Don't your records say that when your eyes turn black you're unstable and blind?"

" It does, I was testing it's limits....I need to find a different route to overcome this issue, that's why I did that..." She avoided eye contact as her eyes were changing colours rapidly. Aizawa gave a tired sigh, and looked at her carefully.

" You don't have to hind anything from me, I know all about your mental health and the effects of your Quirk(s) on all of you," Emi's eyes widen a little at the words 'all of you'. He knows, does he know how many? " I understand that there's six of you? Your brother Kōken told me everything. Maybe not entirely everything,"