Chapter 23

" You see," Blue brushed back her hair. " Green had a great life. She was a retired military instructor, her husband passed away some years before but she a child. A daughter with the bright wandering eyes, at least that's what I've been told. They had the deepest bond between mother and child you'd ever hear." Magenta smiled, what lovely memories...but.

" When she got around, she was distraught. She screamed her loss and agony, unbelieving of her fate and she refused to believe her life was for nothing. We all did, but then. Emi never gave up on us, she investigated as much as she could for a full year. She gave us support and comfort, all that research went downhill when her depression kicked in."

" WEAK", " WEIRDO", " Creepy..", " Crazy.", "Insane", " Lunatic", " QUIRKLESS", " USELESS", "STUPID" Those words rang in her mind as memories of Emi's bullies kicked in.

" It's not her fault that she's not allowed to use her Quirk as often as others, you know why."

Magenta was silent, taking it all in. He knew something was off with their emotions, especially Green.

" Well, that's it then." Blue stood up as Magenta hurried over.

" Wait, what about you?" Blue paused for a moment. " Your life other than being a soldier. If it's alright."

Blue bit her bottom lip, she hesitated and slowly opened her mouth. She tried to get the words out, they were stuck at her throat.

" I..." She chocked over her own saliva. " I...I was engaged..." Her voice cracked on the last word. Magenta immediately regretted ever asking that question.

" Uh, I'm sorry for asking, I-" Blue gave a dry laugh, it was bitter and sad.

" It's...It's alright. You were just curious." She didn't turn to meet him, she just opened a portal and got through. Magenta sombrely followed after.

" Is everything packed?" Green asked the group.

" Heck yeah! We got everything we need. Right Currant?" Vermilion looked over to Currant with a big toothy grin.

" Yup, everything on the list." Green nodded her approval followed by a proud smile.

" Alright, everyone time for bed. We'll need the energy for tomorrow." Green ordered and they broke all except for Magenta.

" Not coming?" Blue asked as she was about to break as well.

" No,"

" Still processing?"

" Nope. I'm an insomniac," He looked at Blue with dark lines under his widened eyes." I don't sleep."

"....Okay.." Blue got up and smiled at him." Goodnight, Kuro."

He smirked at the mention of his actual name as Blue broke. He ran his hands through his hair and looked up at the stars.

Then he frowned. He knows that there were things that not only he but the others forgot. Fragments of lost memories still hung on his mind.

" A sloppy job on me..." He said under his breath. The other colours showed no signs of remembering what they were to each other before.

Whoever put them there, took memories of their relationship to each other. Yes, in their lives before, they knew each other. They all had a bond.

The others had perfect, complete and precise memory wipes. But, the memories on him were still intact even if it is in the form of broken fragments. He promised himself that he'll find the cause and fix this. Because if he doesn't then Emi's life could be in peril.