Chapter 37

" Hey, Emi!" Uraraka said darting to her as she carried a large box down the hall. " I can't wait to see your room! Well, when it's done of course..."

" Wait- what?" She was puzzled over what she meant. The box suddenly felt lighter and was gone from her grasp.

" I'll help you with that." Todoroki said holding her box of precious things. She was about to insist on carrying it herself when he turned and looked at her in the eye. " If a guy offers a girl help, you gotta let him help. It won't be very gentleman like for me to let you do it alone." Emi blushed, he was being charming and in the best way.

" Nah, man." Emi's eyes were cyan as she swiped the box from his hands. " Nope, not today pretty boy. I'm a man in here, so to be a 'gentleman' I'M helping Emi." She said and hurried to her room.

 As soon as they closed the door her eyes were back to grey. She sighed and thought for a moment. Then, she started to blush red. She could scream but decided not to. She has no idea how to cope with this AT ALL. 

' Oh hell no. Don't tell me you gotta crush on him..' Joel said with a bit of annoyance.

" I don't know.." She said in her slightly motionless tone, only a touch of embarrassment this time. Joel sighed and shrugged it off. They were about to move when there was a rythmatic knock on the door. Emi opened the door slightly and saw a floating t-shirt. " Yes, Tooru?"

" Oh hi! So, we're doing this sort of room decor competition, wanna join?" She asked sweetly.

" But I-" Before Emi could speak, Uraraka and Ashido had arrived with the boys.

" Hey~yo, Emi. Can we see your room at least? " Ashido asked sweetly.

" Wait-" She tried to say.

" Pwetty pwease~?" The trio asked huddled together. By now, they know that Emi thinks they're cute. Behavior wise and appearance. She glanced at the boys and saw Todoroki among them. She shifted her eyes downwards and nodded. " Hooray~" They celebrated.

" I'm not fully done just so you know.." She said as she placed the box on the table.

" Wow, you're room is so...calm." Jiro said feeling cool and relaxed with the atmosphere of the room.

 The room walls were white, the single bed had a quilt as blanket sheets, there were three pots of flowers outside, the desk was wide with a lot of arm space complete with numerous shelves above it for art supplies, books and papers. The hand carved wardrobe was standing proudly next to it as a soft purple wool rug spread beneath it. There was a microphone and a laptop on the table were Emi was arranging books.

" What a cute bunny!" Uraraka squealed as she held the soft plushie. Emi turned red and swiped it from her hands in shame. " Aw, but it's so cute~" She said reaching out for it.

" H-hold on, I- Stop looking!" Emi was flustered and then cyan eyes shone and she relaxed. " Are you people done yet? Seriously, ever heard of privacy?" 

" Eh? Who are you? You don't sound like Blue.." Yaoyorozu asked branding the cyan eyes as a stranger. Joel gave a troubled look and stood silent.

" I- yeah, I'm not Blue." He said with a sigh. " Long story short some asshole sort of 'misplaced' them and... we can't find them. I came after the whole... vanishing..." He looked uncomfortable and literally pushed everyone out of the room. " Kid, I- I'm going back to the wall for a bit... I'm going to think for a bit." Her eyes were back to grey and she sank to the floor and leaned against the door. She could her a few mummers outside before her classmates decided to give her space. She held Miuku close to her chest tightly and cried silently.

 Joel stood outside the black opaque wall in the mindscape. He placed his hand on the wall and sighed. He had hopes, he hadn't seen his sister in years ever since she announced her engagement and was really hoping to see her again. He rested his forehead on the wall and hummed.

" Hey, sis. It's Joel. It's been a pretty weird week. I'm sorry I didn't come sooner but then again if it weren't for my late entry, Emi would be alone. .....If you can hear me, just wanted you to know...love ya sis." It was silent, then there was knocking. He was surprised at first and listened closely. " Kid, you hear that?" Emi froze, that bit of light shone in her eyes. " W.E.'R.E.F.I.N.E...." He deciphered the sequenced knocking. "OH SHIT. Ahaha.." There was a bit of relief for both sides. That they can communicate and there's hope for escape.

" Love ya too, baby bro." Blue said under her breath with a smile.