Colours side story 1

Kuro stared nervously on the floor, pacing back and forth on the white tiles. Any minute now. The air smelled like chlorine and medicine, it even tasted bitter to him.

" Magenta." He looked up, only a few people called him that. Such is the way of the-

" Colours." He greeted them with a smile.

" How's she doing?" Green asked him. Today was the day, nine months should be worth it.

" We...." It should've been worth it. " ....She won't talk to me. It's my fault isn't it?" Tears started to well up in his eyes. " I guess...I just wasn't fit to be a father." He almost chocked on the last words.

" Oh, Mijo. It's not your fault." She patted his back in a motherly way, assuming her role as the mother figure of the group. " Come here," She pulled him in close in her motherly embrace.

" I-I just wanted her to be happy. To give her everything she wanted from me....she waited for so long for me and I couldn't even..." The words failed to pass his lips as he chocked on his own regret and guilt. Maybe he shouldn't have rushed it, just maybe he could've been more....nothing. At this point, there was nothing he could do. He let himself cry on the mother figure's shoulders, tears staining her coat.

" Kuro." Emi looked at him silently,  grey eyes reflecting his pink ones. She put her arms around him and buried her face into his shirt. He wanted to hug her back but his body felt too numb at that point.

" Mister Sanders?" A nurse called, peeping from the door. " She's safe. You can come in." Kuro hesitated, he moved slowly to the door. The nurse looked at him with a glint in her eye, there was something she wanted to tell him but she wouldn't say and left the room.

" Are you there, Blackie?" He almost froze when he heard her voice, it was collected but hoarse from crying. " I waited for so long but," He opened his mouth to speak but no words came. " I spent nine months, nine months being....a mother. I don't like it when the doctors said sorry that I couldn't be a mother. I hated those words." Her voice was a touch bitter but kept it's cold facade. He walked ever so slowly towards her wife's hospital bed, the curtains veiled her, her silhoutte looking out the window" I carried my baby inside me....didn't I? I...I carried them. Both of them." Kuro took a sharp breath as he spoke pass the tears

" I'm sorry... I'm so sorry...I should've-" A cry came from behind the curtains, small and soft. Eyes wide, he took a moment to process what he was hearing. His body moved before he could think, racing to the bed and pulling back the curtains.

" Shh, sweetie. It's okay, Daddy's here to see you now." Mari looked at him with a gentle smile on her face, her cyan eyes full of both sorrow and gratitude as she held the little infant in her arms.

" Oh my God, Oh God." His voice trembled as he reached out, hands shaking. Mari pulled him closer, her heart against his. He could feel her heartbeat, it was like a melody to his body. He took a few breaths to calm himself down as he reached for his child. " But, they said-"

" We lost our boy..." She told him with a sad smile. " But hey, look. We get to keep her. We...get to keep her." She stroked the newborn's hair gently, already missing the little one's twin. " I lost Arno," She revealed the stillborn child's name. " We both did. But, his sister needs a name, Kuro."

" I..." Taking the baby into his shakey arms, the child looked up into her father's eyes. She had her mother's eyes and her father's glazed pupil. She stared deeply into his soul, identifying who he was. She smiled at him, her little hands reaching up to touch his face. " Hey, there...Ari, my little angel."