Chapter 36

" Sit here, Emi." Her grandmother said with a sweet smile placing her next to Tebiki. " Don't worry, I'll be back with some cookies soon." She smiled back at her grandmother sweetly and glared at Tebiki the moment she was out of sight.

" S-So Aizawa, what were you saying?" Koken asked kindly, trying not to look nervous.

" Right... So as of now, U.A. has decided to provide dormitory for the students. Thus, making us a boarding school. What I'm asking is to allow Emi to be under our care and responsibility. We'll be able to ensure her safety by keeping her under our watch 24/7."

" No. Not for another catastrophe." Tebiki said bravely, Aizawa erased her Quirk as Koken's eyes widen in alarm. Emi gave him a stone hard stare and let out a deep sigh. She closed her eyes and started to relax and slouch a little. Cyan eyes shone as she let out another sigh. " What the f-"

" Shut the fuck up asshole." She said roughly. Her gait was so...guy-like. The look in her eyes weren't Blue's, Aizawa knew that. Koken knew as well. " I'm Joel, Blue's my sister. No questions, we gotta settle this topic before this kid damages the floorboards."

" ....Alright..." He was completely defeated by this family's complications and discussed the terms with them. In the end, she was able to continue to study in the hero course at U.A. by the grandmother's decision. Because, Koken was already rooting for the course while Tebiki disagreed, Joel threatened his life to shut him up. " Okay, so it's decided. We'll be expecting her in a week. Goodbye."

" Have a safe trip. Oh wait, have some biscuits for all your troubles. Thank you for taking care of our Emi." Aizawa nodded and left.

 Back in her room, Emi checked her phone and called Ryouka, she wanted to talk to her.

Emi : Hey, how are you? That gas did a number on you didn't it?

Ryouka : Hey, Emi. Yeah, I'm good. Feeling better already since you're calling.

Emi : Cool. Mr. Aizawa came over my house to talk about being in dorms, I'm in. It'll be pretty cool don't you think.

Ryouka : Yeah, Mr. Vlad was here too. Being in dorm would be exiting but...

Emi : Is something wrong? Rei?

Ryouka : I'm not going back to class 1-B

Emi : ...What?

Ryouka : The hero course isn't for me, I'm sorry.

Emi : No...nonono. You can't leave me too...

Ryouka : No, Emi. Don't cry...I'm sorry.

Emi : Don't leave me...

Ryouka : I'm not...I'm scared. The attack at the camp made me realize...that I just can't. I'm not as strong as you. I-I really am sorry.

Emi : Not you too...

Ryouka : Emi...Please understand, I only joined because you were there and- I thought that for once, I should be doing what I want. But hey! Look on the bright side, I'm only moving down to class C, general studies. I won't be able to fight with you but I will be your number 1 fan.

Emi : ...Thanks...

Ryouka : Hey, cheer up. I'll always support you. Please stay strong and GO BEYOND. You'll be a great hero.

Emi : You...really think so?

Ryouka : Of course, if anyone has the heart and skills to be a hero it's you. To me, you're the greatest hero.

 They said goodbye and Emi turned off her phone. She stared at the ceiling for a moment and glanced at the plushie the colours made for her. It was a white bunny, chosen animal by Green, sewn by Cream, the buttons and decorations were picked by Magenta and put together by Lilac and Vermilion, the cute little ribbon around its neck was chosen by Currant and tied by Blue. They made it for her in case she ever felt lonely when they were away in 'vessels'.

 Despite all that's happened, they would never let her be alone. They always felt the need to keep her company. She picked up the bunny, Miuku she called it, and held it close to her heart.

' Did they make that for you?' Joel asked. Emi nodded silently, within her motionless eyes were longing and a touch of sadness. ' Its adorable.' Silence filled the room as reminiscence was in mind. ' Hey,' Joel said breaking the silence. ' How about I tell you a story about my adventures, you like that?'

" ........Okay..." She answered as she rested her head on her pillow.  Joel chuckled softly, she was acting like a little kid again. Heck, she is still a kid. " Does it have a happy ending?"

' Yeah, of course.' He said and made a sound of clearing his throat. ' Here's a story I got when I went to the southeast, specifically, Malaysia.'