Chapter Twenty-Two.

When the funeral was over, I was incredibly relieved. Aunt Lisa tried to take stuff from the house, but I may have suggested that good things probably wouldn't happen if she did that. There was a million casseroles, flowers, and other funeral stuff, but the spectacle was over. We could finally just be a family. 

The night after the funeral we all stayed up late. We ordered a pizza, and told funny stories about dad. There were tears, but only from laughing so hard. When I found out my dad was dying, I thought there was no way I was going to be able to handle it, but my dad assured me that I wouldn't be alone, and I hadn't. 

"Are you ready to be home?" I asked Jon, one night as we laid in bed.

"What do you mean?" He said, his eyes closed.

"Back in Chicago." I said. 

"Charlie. I travel 8 months a year. Sometimes I don't even understand why I even have an apartment. But since I met you, wherever you are is my home. When I'm with you I feel comfortable, safe, and so if being here is more comfortable for you, that's all that matters to me. You're all that matters to me." Jon said, starting to rub my back.

"How did I get so lucky?" I wondered out loud. 

"Yeah right. You're not the lucky one. I am" Jon laughed, shaking his head. 

"That is also somewhat true also." I smirked. 

He tickled my sides lightly, then pulled me into a kiss. 

---------------------------------

Leaving my brothers was harder than I thought. I cried the whole way home. Shaun and Marcus both seemed so stressed out, Liam wasn't really acting like himself, and Matthew, well he was the same as always. I felt like leaving was making the whole situation worse, but I knew I had to do what was best for me and my grieving process. 

I started back with the team tomorrow, so this was my last day to do nothing. Jon was busy doing team stuff, so Kaner and I decided to hang. 

"Are you excited to come back?" He asked, as we sat and watched a movie.

"Yeah. I missed everyone. I feel like no one is even going to remember me." I laughed.

"Yeah I'm sure the guys you've been hanging out with for the past several months won't remember you. Okay." Kaner said, rolling his eyes. 

"I think it'll be weird though. But I'm more than ready to be back, and get back to whatever form of normal I have in my life." I sighed.

"So random question here. How would you feel if I had a girlfriend?" He asked sheepishly.

"Um what?" I sat up, not believing what he was saying.

"I kind of met someone." Kaner said, avoiding looking directly at me.