Chapter Twenty-Seven.

Kaner caught me as I started to fall.

"Charlie. Are you okay?" Kaner said, helping me back to my feet, and looking at what I saw. "What the fuck?" 

"Kaner please." I said quietly, trying to get him to just let this go so I could get some help. 

"He's a deadman." He said quietly, before shutting the door. 

He helped me downstairs, and into his truck and drove me towards the hospital. 

"What the fuck is wrong with him? He has a perfectly amazing women, and he just lets you go. For what? Some puck slut? I can't." Kaner said rubbing his forehead.

"Let's not worry about that right now?" I said, holding my stomach in pain. 

"I'm sorry. I just. I'm so pissed for you." He said, hitting the steering wheel.

I continued to listen to him talk to himself the rest of the way, and by the time I got to the hospital, I was ready to just be alone. But I needed someone with me, so I let him stay. Only on the condition that he just leave it alone for now.

Jon and I had made a promise, and even though I was upset, I was going to keep that promise. I wasn't going to run. 

The doctor gave me an exam, and before I knew it I was getting a cat scan. 

They gave me my diagnosis alone, and something for the pain. 

"So what'd they say it was?" Kaner asked, as we made our way back to the apartment.

"Just a stomach flu." I lied. 

"Must be a pretty bad flu." Kaner said, not catching my tone. "So what are you going to do? About Tazer."

"I'm gonna talk to him." I said quietly.

"You need to stand up for yourself Charlie. Don't let him treat you like this. I told him once and if he's not going to treat you right, then you need to make a choice." he said.

"I know." I said looking down at my hands.

We made it back to the apartment, and we heard laughter once we were standing outside the door.

We went in, and Jon and Carrie were sitting on the couch laughing.

"Hey guys, what are you up to?" Jon said, still laughing.

"Just got back from the hospital." Kaner said, his voice sounding angry.

"What about?" Jon said, the smile not leaving his face. 

That hurt.

"Charlie has the stomach flu." Kaner snipped.