Chapter Thirty.

A week later, I ended treatment, and I was officially in remission. After a small celebration with my brothers, I decided it was time to return to Chicago. Kaner was getting ready to start the playoffs. They were playing the Wild, and I wanted to be there for the first two games of the series. I had already set it up so I would stay with Shaw, but he didn't know I was in remission. Actually no one did. I wanted it to be a surprise. 

It was hard getting Liam to let me go alone, but I finally convinced him. I felt amazing, and I was ready to go. 

I packed up my things, and I was so refreshed as I boarded the flight to Chicago. And before I knew it, I was knocking on Kaner's door. I had made sure with Shaw that Kaner was home, and Jon wasn't. It took longer than expected, but eventually Bollig opened the door. 

His reaction was something I wasn't going to forget anytime soon. A look of annoyance for answering the door, turned into a look of excitement as he picked me up. 

"What are you doing here." He said holding me tightly. 

"Surprise!" I yelled, smiling down at him.

"Oh my god, I must be hurting you." he said quickly putting me down, and backing away slowly.

"No. That's what I wanted to tell you!" I said before, seeing Kaner.

"Charlie!" he said, coming over, and I jumped and wrapped my arms around his neck, and legs around his waist. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm in remission!" I said with the biggest smile on my face.

Bollig came and kissed the side of my head, and Kaner started crying.

"Kaner." I said, my own tears now falling freely.

"I'm sorry. I just didn't think it'd be this quick for you. As much as I prayed it would be, I just can't believe it. I'm just so happy." He said, not caring that he was crying in front of one of his bros. 

"I know. They said it's because I'm a fighter." I said with a laugh.

"Who didn't know that?" Kaner said, his crying slowing down. 

"Well I'm here to support you for the next two games." I smiled at him.

"That's amazing. You can stay here, if you want." Kaner said, realizing why I wouldn't.

"I'm staying with Shawzie. It's cool." I said, wiping my face. 

"I understand." He said, leaving a kiss on my forehead.

"Don't you guys need to get ready for tonight?" I questioned, looking at my phone for the time.

"Oh shit. Yeah." Bollig said, rushing to his room, and I followed Kaner back to his room.

"Your talk really screwed him up." Kaner said, as he stripped down to his boxers.