Chapter Twenty-Nine.

I fell asleep on his chest, and woke up to an empty bed. 

I looked over at my alarm clock and it was 1 in the afternoon. I panicked and tried to get up quickly, but that didn't work. I didn't want to waste my day with the guys in bed. 

I got up at a more bearable pace, and went to take my daily journey to my bedroom. 

I took a deep breath and made my way towards the stairs. Up was always the worst. Once I got to the top of the stairs, I went into the bathroom, and took a quick shower. My getting ready time was cut in half since I didn't have hair to do. I went into my bedroom, and picked some leggings, one of Matthew's hockey shirts, and the first sweatshirt Kaner ever let me steal. I put on my tall chestnut uggs, and I picked one of my most realistic wigs. It was as close to my normal hair as I could find. I put on a slouchy beanie so it looked even better, and I was ready to go. 

I went downstairs, and everyone was in the living room.

"Hey!" They all yelled.

"Hey guys. So what are we doing today?" I said, sitting on Kaner's lap. 

"Whatever you want. It's your day!" Sharpie said with his award winning smile.

"I just want to make sure I get to spend as much time with you guys as I can." I said, smiling. 

"Well let's go grab some lunch, then we'll go from there." Bollig said. 

We took two cars, because there was no way we were going to squeeze five hockey players and a girl into one car. 

We went to a nicer restaurant, which wasn't a surprise. Despite my appearance, I was no longer self conscious of over or underdressing for anything, because in the grand scheme of things, it really didn't matter. 

"Charlie that's like the first time I've ever seen you not order a drink." Shaw said, once the waitress left.

"I can't really. It doesn't go well with treatment." I said, trying not to make it too awkward.

"Oh my god. I'm sorry." Shaw said, not realizing his fault. 

"It's fine. You're not used to it." I smiled at him.

"So they think it's gonna go into remission soon?" Crow asked.

"Yeah. They're really optimistic. I'm ready for it to be over so I can have hair and no pain." I laughed awkwardly. 

I didn't really like talking about the cancer. It already took so much, that I hated to give it anymore attention. 

"We don't like thinking about you in pain." Shaw said honestly. 

"I'm sorry." I said, playing with the napkin draped over my lap.