Chapter Thirty-Seven.

I really starting to despise plane rides.

Especially the one going home. It had been about a month since I was home and had went to my doctor, so I knew it was about time to go to check out any problems I had been having. 

I usually hated doctor's, but I needed to get out of Chicago. There was too much going on and I just needed a break. 

I was snapped from my thoughts with an announcements over the intercom, and I put my seat up for landing. 

Kaner kept trying to come with me, but there was no way in hell. I was going to miss a couple games of the third series, and if they won all those games, they were going to the Stanley Cup finals. 

Things with Jon were going...weird. After the event, we spent a little more time together, but I still stayed firm when it came to getting back together. 

It was nice being able to be around him again without feeling like I was going to jump his bones at any second. But I loved his company. 

I walked through the airport and it just felt different. I didn't have looks from random people who recognized who I was with, or with a huge crowd of people. Being alone was different. 

I didn't like it.

Matthew picked me up, and drove me to the airport. He told me all about how his team had won the championship for the state tournament, and he scored a goal a couple goals.

I was forever proud of him and how much he was doing in his life. I was sad when we reached the doctor's office.

"Hey. Good luck in there." Matthew said with a smile, as they called my name to come back. 

I was really nervous, and wished that I had someone with me. I had been feeling really sick lately, and hadn't really told anyone about it. I hated the look they gave, like I was just going to fall over and die at any second. 

"It looks like you are starting to come down with pneumonia." the doctor said, giving me the look. 

"But I'm fine for now right?" I asked, nervously. I didn't want to be away from the team for that long.

"No. Especially with you recently coming out of chemo, we're going to have to admit you to the hospital for the duration of your pneumonia." the doctor said.

"Please no. I work for the Blackhawks and they're in the playoffs and I can't miss it. They could lose at any time and the season would be done!" I rambled, talking to no one in particular. 

"Your health is more important than any hockey game, and I guarantee you if you asked anyone on your team, they would tell you the same thing I am telling you right now." The doctor said, and it reminded me how of coach would tell me. And maybe that's why I listened. 

-------------------------------------------------------------