Chapter 8

A/N Hey guys, hope you enjoy this chapter also could you please check out my new Zouis story? It’s my first ever non Ziall and Larry story so I’m quite nervous about the outcome xx

I walked myself back, hitting my head on the lanky boy’s elbow. I felt very scared of course, I mean who wouldn’t be? I was cornered into an alleyway with the destructive talk of the town, Zayn Malik and his crew of bikers, how couldn’t you be scared? Liam kept his head down, not risking accidently giving one of the men, the wrong idea.

Why was my luck so bloody bad? I went out today with my head held high and honestly, I always get caught in messes that never really get resolved. I don’t exactly know how I am going to get out of this awful situation; Zayn chasing my thoughts, bumping into him far too much and having to put up with his flirty misbehaviours as I balance out an almost perfect relationship with James.

Zayn’s eyes hadn’t left mine, other than the times where they flicked between both me and the hand the boy behind me had on my elbow. “Harry, how bout’ you let go?” Zayn says smiling with dark eyes. The boy, Harry, scoffs as he pushes my arm away, sitting on the bike with the boy from the beach yesterday, which I gathered to be Louis.  The two boys were quite close, which surprised me. I usually thought of them two as bitter yet they seemed to share a bond like no other.

I think Louis caught me staring as he clicked his fingers and pointed to Zayn. I dreaded to look up at that cocky smirk which never really seemed to leave me alone. All I wanted to do right now was run, run away with Liam and James, leaving these mad men and Zayn alone. But when is reality ever perfect?

“What’re you doin’ in an alleyway babe?” Zayn says carelessly as he leans on the coloured brick wall as his fingers play around with his lip ring. My heart clenches when I hear him call me ‘babe’ but I ignore it like the plague. “Well, I was minding my own business when your friend over here decides to drag me back here” I snap as my eyes dart to Harry who is chuckling into Louis’ shoulder.

The other men are silent and I feel their eyes on Zayn and I. “Oh, so I see you’ve met Harry” He nods as if it were a good thing. Harry seemed to have no sense of boundaries. It was quite unheard of, the way he dragged me back here, maybe a short proposal would have sufficed but no, he had to manhandle me. “C-Can I please g-“

“Where’s your boyfriend?” He says as he throws his hands into his pocket. “He’s at his home with his mother, who I’m sure is taking over my spot, nursing him back to health after the stupid thing you did to him” I sneer as I grind my teeth thinking about the purple bruise on his eyes. “Do you hear this guy?” Zayn chuckles as he points at me. A few of the bikers laugh to themselves as I blush. I hated this type of humiliation.

“Blondie, that thing you call your ‘boyfriend’ is a low-life, who somebody like you doesn’t need in their life” He shrugs as he pulls out yet another cigarette from his bag pocket, he places it on his ear, saving it for later. “What do you mean ‘I don’t need him in my life’? I don’t need you in my life yet you keep appearing” I say as I look him up and down. I hadn’t even realised that he was dressed much more ‘normal’ than I had usually seen him.