Chapter 24

A/N Hey everybody, I hope you enjoy this one – leave your feedback belowwww <3 x

Sometimes, it felt like I hardly knew Zayn. Of course I knew him and all, I did love him. But, every day I learn more and more about him. Over this past week, I had been gathering as many mannerisms, weaknesses and strong points that Zayn had. He was a very protective guy, he hardly ever wanted to leave my side and he never let any bad thing get to me. He was a very proud guy, this came to light when he got overly angry that time, thrashing out, causing a big ruckus and presented his drunk self to me, he told me that after that – he had never been so embarrassed in all of his life. He didn’t stop apologising, still, a week later hadn’t stopped.  

Everybody has their flaws right? I didn’t choose to judge Zayn’s. I could never judge Zayn in such a condescending way. He was the best person I knew. The most real person I knew.

Still, after being a week and a half without Liam, without James and without school, all of them hadn’t left my mind. I knew that one day I’d return to school, I’d return to school and graduate as well as I could, in who knows what. I didn’t know if I’d ever see Liam again, although sometimes I almost call him up to tell him how things with Zayn are going, like whenever Zayn says something cute, I have the up-front urge to ring him up and squeal to him. But that was a habit, a habit I knew I had to overcome with my new life. James ran aimlessly throughout my mind, good thoughts, bad thoughts, sad thoughts and angry thoughts. I thought about how well he treated me and I thought about how badly he had treated Zayn. I thought about how there wasn’t much of a chance I would see him again and I thought about how he busted the lip of the man I loved.

I didn’t appreciate his actions but when I was with him, I appreciated his words and his touch. Although, some days when I was with James, I felt like I was going through the motions of a relationship yet when I’m with Zayn I feel like I’m a part of a genuine relationship, one without end.

Zayn and my story is quite peculiar actually. If somebody had told me weeks ago that the guy I hated most, the guy who led me on and left me without a number or any sort of contact for that matter, would be the guy I ran away with, leaving me with a worried past life and a brand new, extravagant, crazy and surprising new life full of so much love. I loved Zayn and I’m glad that he is mine to call my own.

The reports about me became more detailed every time they came about. I was always mentioned on radios, I was on the news and there are even scattered posters of me hanging around the town with a link to James’ number on them. It had said on majority of the reports that I actually was taken by Zayn and his gang – not that it was a lie – but it was put in the wrong words. I willingly ran away with Zayn, I willingly choose to be with him, I didn’t have my best friend whispering things into my ear nor did I have my goodie-goodie boyfriend being there to help ‘steer me in the right path’.

Zayn was more in demand than ever by the police, there were wanted signs and such as well as there being a lot of reports and news articles written about him. It saddened me how condescending and rude they treated and spoke about Zayn, he was such a great guy but such stupid people saw through all of that and only focused on his rough outside layer.

But really, I was with Zayn right now. I couldn’t care that I was missing, I was the happiest I had ever been.

“I think it’s finally done” Zayn sighs as he looks at his lips in the mirror, alongside the wardrobe. “Your scar?” I ask as I stand to my feet, walking over to him. I could clearly tell the bust on his lip had finally healed up, sighing to myself I let out a small smile.