Chapter 25

A/N Hey everyone, so we’re at Chapter 25 already and that really saddens me but there’s still a bit to go, hope that doesn’t sound too draining for you. Anyway, I won’t be updating for a couple of days considering I’m going on a school camp (Lord help me) so as soon as I get back Friday (If I’m alive) I will most definitely be updating this and maybe my other story ‘The Non Teacher’s Pet’, so enjoy this and leave your feedback below you lovely people xx

“Niall, is that really you?”

The voice alarmed me. It was so familiar and I couldn’t get myself to turn around to it. I easily knew who it was, no denying and I wasn’t at all, not even a little, prepared to turn around. I bit onto my dry lip as I blinked a couple of times trying to see if I were in some daze that I clearly hadn’t woken up from.

Perhaps I did take the drugs that Max offered me. I would much rather be high off them then to be practically face-to-face with the voice behind me. I knew it’d be proposturus as Zayn took me away from Max before anything happened so I had to suffer knowing that this was an actual reality. Not a very nice reality either.

“Niall, I know that it’s you.” He says again in a breathless tone. I wince as my entire body pretty much shuts down. I clench my fists as I turn to look out of the corner of my eye. I take one look at him; the worried puppy-dog eyes, brown like the norm yet very bothered with bags beneath, immaculate brown hair, scuffed yet still looking quite particular and of course the worried expression, one I had seen many times before on him. It was Liam, how perfect right? Of all places he had to be here. Right in the place where my happiness was situated.

I bite back a curse as I flip my head back to the shelf, squeezing a bag of crisps in my hand almost to the point where they’d pop. We both stand there. Me, not moving a muscle nor speaking a word for that matter meanwhile Liam is standing there inhaling shaky yet raspy breaths.

I dropped the bag of crisps. “Niall, you need to co-”

I ran. I sprinted away from him out of the door, out toward the petrol station. I could easily tell that he was following me, very close on my trail and thank-god for my skinny frame or else Liam would have easily caught up to me by now.

Zayn was nowhere to be seen and I was very grateful for that. He was probably off having a smoke somewhere as I looked around frantically for his bike. Once I spot it, I ran to it wrapping myself over it.

Fuck. I don’t know how to ride a bike, what was I thinking? Even if I did attempt to ride it and crashed it, I don’t know the extremity of punishment I’d get off Zayn. I sit there as I frantically look around, to see where Zayn is, to see where Liam was and to see how I could possibly do this. I was a smart lad, I could easily out-smart my old best friend, right?