45. Body electric.

"Elvis is my daddy, Marilyn's my mother, Jesus is my bestest friend."

Lauren's POV.

I walk down the hallway and enter the last door.

The guest room.

I open up the guest room. It's the same since I left here. A maroon color. I sit on the edge of the bed and take off my sandals slowly but surely.

I lay back an breathe out a bit, relieved.

My back aches and I'm so tired from this drama filled day.

I listen softly listening for my mom, but she stays silent.

I hear the front door creak open. Heavy footsteps enter the house. Stomping through the house. I hear my moms voice low.

"Be quiet, she's gonna hear us talking." She tries to whisper but I can hear her.

"It's okay. We need to talk. Pronto. Maybe outside?" His rough familiar voice speaks.

I can hear her light footsteps go back outside. I figure she went on the balcony.

The heavy footsteps carry after her.

I stand up on my feet determined to find out who this man is.

Camilas POV.

I lay in the bed flipping through the movie channel and browse the movies that are actually worth my time.

The notebook grabs my eyes. I click on the blue cover and wait for all the previews to pop up.

But I look over to find a cardboard box that hasn't been picked up.

I walk over to the box and lift it upon the bed. The inside rummaged around. Jittering.

I open it up to find my picture of Lauren sitting there with a small note taped too it.

I pull the picture frame up to my lips and place a soft Chapstick kiss upon her. I hate that she isn't beside my tonight kissing at my cheeks and loving me. The way I deserve to be.

I pick up the closed note and open it to glance at what's written in Camila's handwriting.

"Dear camila,

This note is my reminder of how much I love you. I love you more then words can explain. I'm not so good at writing poetry or music, or even being romantic. But here I am trying. If one day, I get up and leave just know, I'm trying to protect you. I love you Karla camila cabello. One day, I'm going to make you my wife. I promise.

Lauren xoxo."

What does she mean one day I'm going to get up and go?

-------------

I know this is very short, just a filter. But thank you for 10k this is absloutely amazing.

I will update when I get 11k or maybe 10.9 either one!

Xoxo anna