chapter two - Once Upon A Time

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

"Don't just go around taking things of people, because they'll do the same. Perhaps not the same thing, but that's the thing about revenge. An eye for an eye, isn't correct, an eye for a hand maybe, but never an eye for an eye."

- BooksWishii

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

Danielle opened the door. Only to be met by two men in black suits.

Both carrying guns in a holster.

Internally, she cursed her father for not stopping when he didn't own anyone money yet.

But putting that aside, the brown-haired female smiled at the men, asking them if she could help them with something.

A man, the one with a mob of raven black hair and dark brown eyes, ignored her question and fired one back at her. Asking if she were Danielle Kaunis.

"Depends," she replied, still smiling, "If you're kidnapping me, I'm not Danielle."

The two bulky men exchanged a look. That told her enough.

Before she could close the door, one of them shoved their foot in between.

"Let go of me!"

The men didn't even bat an eye at her screams.

Instead, one of them went out of Danielle's house and came back with a white cloth while the other was still restraining her.

Her eyes widened at the piece of fabric, knowing what it would do the moment the toxins entered her system.

Danielle took a large breath before the man reached them.

And when he held the chloroform-soaked cloth against her nose and mouth, she pretended to go limp in their hold.

But no avail, because he wasn't convinced of her acting skills and kept the rag in place.

The oxygen was steadily diminishing. Danielle's body was using it sparse but the fact didn't go away that it still needed it.

Soon, black dots adorned her vision before it went completely dark in front of her eyes.

The last thing Danielle could hear, was the men asking each other if they should put her in the trunk or the backseat.