Chapter thirty-three - Demons Of His Darkness

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

"Love is like the wind, you can't see it but you can feel it."

- Nicholas Sparks

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

Danielle was already half asleep when the door to the bedroom opened. She didn't bother to turn around, due to the fact she thought it was Hunter. The brown-haired beauty tried to brush off the hand that was currently resting on her thigh. That gesture made the hand slide up, almost to the junction of her legs.

"Stop it," the female murmured into her pillow, "We both know I don't do that kind of stuff."

The hand kept on sliding up.

Until it reached her face. The feather like touches on her hair changed with something else. William kissed her hair, savouring the moment she looked peaceful in his arms. He wanted her to be fully awake. He wanted to see the face starting to fill with joy when she saw he was there to save her from that man. He was overjoyed when he saw the beauty stirring slightly -an indication of her starting to wake up- to the kisses he peppered her neck with.

Danielle was frozen in shock when she saw who was next to her. She hadn't expected him to be there.

"Did you miss me, Elle?" he whispered. William caressed her cheeks in the way she had once enjoyed and she still would have done that if it wasn't for the malicious glint his eyes held, "I was so afraid he might do something to you."

She didn't answer and his face contorted into a snarl, "You just left me for the enemy."

"That's not true," Danielle threw back, "I never left you."

"Then explain me why you were curled up in his arms. And don't you dare say it was to win his trust because that look is the one you gave me that night," he all but growled.

"I didn't," she confessed, "I do love him. And I love you. I know it's weird; it's even weird for me and I'm the one who's dealing with those feelings. He was the first one I had ever learned to love."

"That's a lie. You don't love me," his dark and dangerous face turned into that of a broken and defeated man, "I understand it, though. You have seen what I truly am and you are scared of me. Repelled by me."

She cupped his head in between her hands, "That's not true, Will. There has been a time I was afraid, but it was never of you. I was afraid for you. Never of your darkness or your demons. We all have them, William, and there's no way to make them go away. You need to learn to live with them and there are people who can help you along the way."

"Would you do that?"

She gave him a small smile to which he returned hers with a watery version of his own.

"Of course, I would. I love you too much to let you fall into the darkness without someone holding a flashlight to guide you out of it again."