chapter eighteen - Trust

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

"It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more."

- J.K. Rowling

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

Danielle was left alone for a while after the revelation. She had a lot to process. The fact that the one she started to trust was in fact a merciless man. Cruel to the core. But that wasn't everything she had to process. She had to learn herself to stop letting her heart skip a beat whenever she heard his name.

Gianna grinned when she was preparing another meal. It went better than she thought it would go. The girl's trust in him is completely destroyed due to the fact he kept his big secret hidden for her. This would make it easier to manipulate her. After all, she had not much breaking to do anymore for Danielle's trust and heart were already shattered.

William was slowly going mad. Just like the first time when he had lost someone close to his heart. But this was different. This person couldn't be saved anymore, at least that was what he thought.

Horlo saw his friend grow even more distant and cold than he usually was. He started to live up to his nickname he had gotten long ago. He was turning into a true Beast. If that girl wouldn't be here, he thought, there would be no way to turn him back.

Théière was worried for the safety of the brown haired beauty. In the time she stayed at William's place, she started to see Danielle as one of her own children. So, her being gone from this house, made her anxious for Danielle. She wished she would return safe and sound upon every fallen star.

Gianna knocked on Danielle's door, "I've got food with me."

There was no respond.

Gianna signed to the men at the end of the hallway to open the door, since her hands were full.

What she saw next, wasn't something she had expected.

Danielle wasn't in the room. Instead the only thing that she had left, were the high heels Gianna had given her.

Gianna threw the plate against the wall.

"I'm coming for you," she seethed, "Both of you."

Meanwhile, Danielle slipped through the hallway where the guards used to stand and made her way out.