Chapter twenty-eight - Flaming Insecurities

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

"Maybe she needed someone to show her how to live. Maybe he needed someone to show her how to love."

- N.H. Hart

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

Danielle's sobs ceased fast. It all happened because she held her breath. He had told her he loved her. The brown-haired beauty couldn't believe what she had heard.

"B-Bounty? Did you really say that?" she hesitantly asked. She hoped he would just say she was just hearing things that weren't there or that he was joking.

"Say what?" he retorted. Hunter was confused by her question and unaware of the words that haven't gone unnoticed by the female.

"The love-thing. Is that true?"

He tensed for a second, his grip tightening before loosening completely. Hunter held Danielle at a small distance so he could see her eyes.

He smiled at seeing her face. Only now, he noticed how much he had truly missed her. How he missed she always smelt of roses. How her hazel eyes had flecks of gold dancing through them.

How he missed her always humming a random tune of a song that didn't exist. The red colour she got whenever he embarrassed her. How she would always twirl around in her favourite yellow summer dress -even in mid-winter-. How he would always catch her when she had spun too much. He realized he missed it. But that there was more. He realized he loved it. Loved her.

"Yeah... It's just. I don't know how to tell you," he admitted. Hunter rubbed the back of his neck. He was nervous to how she would respond.

"Then say nothing. I understand it's hard to put it into words." Danielle gently smiled at her former best friend, "Feelings aren't things that can be described, Hunter."

He smiled back at her. The male's eyes were downcast and if she had seen them, she would have gasped at the particular emotions swirling in them.

Then, he did something the female didn't expect him to do.

His lips brushed against hers. The simple touch was filled with various emotions and Danielle could feel each and every one of the just through the kiss.

Hunter had taken her by surprise and her mouth was slightly parted in a gasp. That was all he needed to deepen the kiss -whether it was voluntarily or not-. He slipped his tongue in hers, exploring every crevice there was to explore.One of his hands had found their way to her waist while the other held the back of her head. He pulled her even closer -if it was possible- to his body. He didn't stop when she pulled away.

There was no escaping for her.

But she didn't need to escape.

Because why would she want to escape if there is nothing to be afraid of. Except the feeling of not knowing who she loved.