Chapter thirty - Help Me

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

"I lie to myself all the time."

- S.E. Hinton

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

William was going mad. When he had finally managed to force the door to Danielle's bedroom open, he found it empty. The window was open and it felt like one of these cliché stories to the male. Him alone -on his knees- looking out of the window to the moonlit sky that was scattered with little stars. His eyes held tears but he blinked them away. William Féroce didn't cry. He was a strong man. Strong men didn't cry.

The black-haired man was quickly changing emotions. From sadness to anger and back again. He was heartbroken his Elle was taken while he knew it was happening, without him being able to stop it. That was also the reason he was angry. Furious, actually. He was mad that he had let it happen. He should have tried harder. Fought harder.

If only he could turn back time.

Then he would have enjoyed the time he had with her more. He would have cherished each smile she gave him -which were very few-. He would have treated her better. He thought that the way he was thinking of her, was like she was dead.

But she wasn't dead. That was exactly what kept him going. And she wasn't going to, he thought to himself, he wouldn't let her die.

He slowly made his way to the door and made a call to the only one he could think of now that could help him.

"What do you want?" a croaked up voice, due to sleepiness, sounded through the phone.

"I need your help with Danielle," was what William stated.

"I can't help you right now, Wil. I am half asleep and not in the mood to solve whatever you messed up with her."

"She has been taken, Horlo," he growled.

The other side of the line went quiet. William knew Horlo was listening, so he continued with saying he wanted him to find out where she was. His loyal friend assured him that as soon as he was fully awake, he would work on it.

William clenched and unclenched his hands time and time again. He wanted to tell her at least one time he loved her. William needed her, he knew that for sure. She tamed The Beast -his inner demon- and without her, no one knew what would become of him. But the only thing he knew, was that it wouldn't be a good thing when it would happen.

William's phone rang again.

"I think I've found her, Wil."