chapter five - The Forbidden Floor

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

"What is forbidden is most desirable."

- Tapan Ghosh

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

A week had passed and William hadn't come to Danielle's room anymore to which she was grateful. Even though Théière always brought her to the dining room when it was time, she didn't eat together with him.

Danielle was bored right now. The hallways were wandered through and the rooms had been discovered. Except one door. The female was doubting for a split second but then she opened it.

It revealed a set of marvelous stairs. Even though, there were no lights burning, There was enough light from the hallway below.

Slowly she shuffled her foot forward, making sure she wasn't going to fall. Surely Danielle reached the top of the stairs. Only to find an almost empty room. Except two tables.

One made out of marble, the other out of steel.

The brown-haired female made her way to one of them, the grey one, and backed away when she saw what lay there.

That, and the roaring voice of William.

His eyes were ablaze with the flames of thousand fires, growling out his question as to why she were here. When he noticed she was standing near the table, his entire stance tensed. He narrowed his eyes, demanding to know what she had done with it.

"N-Nothing. Why is th-"

"Do you know what you could have done?! Get off this floor!" he bellowed out, the stare harsh enough to make any man crumble to his knees.

Danielle quickly ran towards the door.

But not before she got a glimpse of a torn up photo that was laying on the marble table. It had been torn in two but tape united the two parts once again. It was a girl and a boy.

They shared the same grin on their face, making it clear they were up to no good.

Their appearance was striking. Their features were almost alike, only softer in the girl's. Both deep black hair and two pairs of sparkling green orbs.

But Danielle couldn't see more as the door was shut in her face.

"Never come on this floor. Ever!" William roared.