Chapter twenty-nine - Played

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

"Some of the most beautiful things worth having in your life come wrapped in a crown of thorns."

Shannon L. Alder

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

Danielle came back to her senses as fast as she had lost them. With her hand pulled against his chest, she pushed him away. He didn't stop, in fact, he just continued to put feather like kisses on her neck and collarbone when her lips weren't available.

"Don't, Hunter," she breathed out, "You need to stop. Please."

His lips ceased their motions and looked up at her hazel eyes. His orbs held so many emotion, one was questioning, "Why?"

The single word was deep and husky and it took a lot of Danielle not to tell him it was nothing. The female inhaled deeply before she tried to form a decent sentence. When she opened her mouth, no sound came out. It was as if her vocal chords were turned off the second she wanted to voice out her thoughts.

"I-I thought you were fine with it," Hunter said, taking her silence for rejection of his love. He only now understood how all these numerous girls had felt after he had dropped them after he was done using them for his conniving plans. They all thought he loved them, but he had just played with their feelings as if it was a new toy and he would discard them as soon the new had worn off. That's how he felt right now; played.

"I am," was her reply. Danielle's voice came out as sad and dejected. She knew it was true when she had said it out loud and she cussed herself for it.

It had taken a lot to take down her guard after Hunter had supposedly died and she didn't find it fair he could break them down with just one glance while William had to work his way in -having to take down her walls brick by brick-. But she couldn't help it. He was the reason her guard was up and he was the only one she had ever trusted entirely. But that was past tense. He had to win it back after what he had done to her, making her believe he was dead for all these years.

"Then what's the problem, DiDi?"

She didn't know how to tell him she was thinking of someone else. It was something she couldn't put into words. The female remembered the words she had said to Hunter; feelings aren't things that can be described. Danielle knew what it was now. She had feelings towards someone else.

Someone who was Hunter.

And someone who was William.

I thought it was time to show you who I see as Hunter

I thought it was time to show you who I see as Hunter. You can imagine your own Hunter, but this is who I've based my description on.

I hope you like it!

-  Author-chan