chapter seven - Tending To His Wounds

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

The worst wounds, the deadliest of them, aren't the ones people see on the outside. They're the ones that make us bleed internally." 

- Sherrilyn Kenyon

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

Danielle had taken out his phone and called Lueur, one of his contacts.

When she told him what had happened, he came immediately and helped her get William into the car. The female was sitting in the backseat with the wounded male's head on her lap.

Théière was waiting at the front door and was fluttering around his leg.

"Is there anything I can do, you think?" she asked.

"Maybe lay some towels on his bed and bring the first aid kit to his bedroom," Danielle proposed as she helped Lueur carry William into the house.

His bedroom wasn't as the girl imagined it would be; it was elegant and refined. Streaks of gold adorned the room while the main theme was burgundy.

But Danielle couldn't focus too much on it because she had to clean and gauze up William's wounds.

"You're an idiot," she muttered as she made everything ready to use as soon as she had pulled out the Swiss pocket knife out of his thigh.

"You are the one that ran away," he mumbled back.

Danielle inhaled before swiftly pulling out the knife from the flesh it was bedded into.

He roared out, "That hurts!"

"If you'd hold still, it wouldn't hurt as much!" she commented.

The blood was trickling down his leg and the female pushed a cloth against the wound to stop the bleeding.

"Well, if you hadn't have run away, this wouldn't have happened!" he retorted.

"If you hadn't frightened me, I wouldn't have run away!"

A brief, yet powerful silence followed. For a moment, Danielle thought she had won this argument, but then he said something.

"Well you shouldn't have been on that floor!" was what he accused her of.

"You never told me I couldn't go there!" she threw back.

Another silence blanketed the room. This time Danielle was the one who broke it.

"Now, hold still. This might sting a little," she said before pressing another cotton ball, soaked in disinfectant, against his wound.

He growled in pain. It almost sounded inhumane and if she hadn't heard him make that voice before she could have thought it was a dog.

"By the way, thank you for saving me," Danielle whispered, "I don't know what would have happened if you weren't there to help me."

Slowly but steadily his growling and howling diminished into a mere ragged breathing. She wrapped up his upper leg in a white bandage that was turning into a crimson colour.

"You're welcome," he said.

He must have tried to smile but due to the pain it came out as a grimace.

"It needs to refreshed each two hours."