Chapter twenty-four - The Confession

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

"I'm not afraid to love I'm afraid of not being loved back."

- Unknown

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

Danielle nodded, "It's something I try to forget."

"Why?" William asked. He sounded defeated to her. But little did she know he felt defeated.

"I don't like to be reminded of the times my mother was still alive. It hurts too much."

"But did you have a nice time?" he inquired.

"It was fun. Especially the snowball fight," Danielle replied.

"The thing that happened after it as well?"

This was what he wanted to know the entire time. He couldn't see if she liked it back then. Her face had been void of any emotion. She didn't reply, much to his dismay, and looked down. What he saw her do, surprised him. Through her hair, he could see she blushed and smiled.

It was contagious and soon he was smiling too.

"I actually needed to tell you something important," he whispered.

Danielle looked up due to the sudden softness his voice had. His eyes were wide and monitored her face for anything that might tell him something.

"What is that you wanted to share with me?"

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, not wanting to see the disgust on her face when he told her what he really felt for her.

"I wanted to confess to you about something. About you, actually. I fell in love with you.I don't know when I fell, but I don't mind. You are the only one that can save me anymore from The Beast. I crave everything of you. Every fibre says that it wants to love you so bad that it hurts, Elle. I want to kiss you like I did under that mistletoe without having to wait for Christmas to have that chance again. What do you feel for me?"

She didn't answer. William was starting to get anxious. He thought she was repulsed by him. But when he looked up, he saw a completely other scene than he had imagined.

Danielle's tears were silently trailing down her cheeks on an invisible path. Her lips were twisted up but they were quivering.

"Do... Do you love me too?" he whispered.

She nodded and that was everything he needed.

He came towards her and snaked his arm around her waist, "That was everything I ever wanted to know."

Then he kissed her. Like there was no tomorrow.

Because, maybe, there was no tomorrow. Not together.