chapter eleven - Letting Go

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

"I want to be what you always needed. Then I hope you'll see the heart in me."

- Jesse McCartney

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

A/N

The names of the streets I used exist in real life.

Danielle avoided William after that incident. And when he was there, she would always make sure they weren't alone in a room.

Right now, she was watching the news; something she hadn't done in a while. The man was casually talking about a man that had been run over on the crossroad of Andover Road and Waggoner Street.

But when a picture was showed of the man in question, her heart skipped a beat and her breath hitched.

It was her father.

 Théière frowned, feeling worried for the girl she had taken care of since she resided under the Beast, "You don't seem alright, dear."

Danielle didn't respond to her question and slowly got up from the place she was sitting.

"I-I have to do something," she said.

Danielle made her way to a door and knocked. While she waited for the office to be opened, she tried to calm her frantic beating heart to a more normal rate and looked for arguments to leave this place.

"Come in," William said when he opened the door and then made his way back to his black leather chair without glancing back. When she shuffled inside, he was typing on his computer. He clucked his tongue against his palate, raising a brow while silently asking her reason for being in his office.

"I want to see my father," she stated.

When the last letter rolled off of her lips, his typing had ceased completely. A silence blanketed the room until he decided to speak up.

"Okay."

Danielle's eyes widened in surprise.

"O-Okay?" she repeated.

"That's what I said, isn't it? Go to your father if that is what you wish. I won't stop you if that is what you're thinking about, Danielle."

A smile graced her lips and she made her way to the door.

"Thank you," she said before Danielle closed the door again.

With that being the last thing she had said, she left William's house.